Points of Interest
Enter dates to see availability
- All rooms offer separate sitting areas, flat-screen TVs and coffee/tea makers
- Free WiFi
- Free self-parking
- Grab something to eat at the restaurant or stop for a drink at the bar/lounge
- Full breakfast served daily for a fee
- Take a swim in the indoor pool
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services and tour or ticket assistance
- On-site recreation includes an outdoor tennis court, a health club and a playground
- Guests like the restaurant and bar
- 12 minutes by car from Craigievar Castle and 12 minutes from Aboyne Golf Club
Reviews from Trip Advisor
100.0% of guests recommend out of 385 reviews
About the Douneside HouseLocation Tarland, Aboyne, Scotland AB34 4UL
Douneside House offers its guests an indoor pool, an outdoor tennis court, and a health club. There's a restaurant on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. WiFi is free in public spaces. A library, a terrace, and tour or ticket assistance are also featured at Douneside House. Self parking is free. This 4-star Aboyne hotel is smoke free.
- 13 guestrooms or units
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- 1 conference room
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family property
- Indoor pool
- Free WiFi
- Outdoor tennis court
- Playground on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Parking: Free self parking
Douneside House offers 13 forms of accommodation with complimentary bottles of water and coffee/tea makers. This accommodation offers separate sitting areas. Flat-screen televisions are featured in guestrooms. This Aboyne hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- Sitting area
- Flat-screen television
- Coffee maker
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Toiletries (free)
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a full breakfast daily from 8 AM to 10 AM.
On-site venue – This fine-dining restaurant specialises in British cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch, dinner and light fare. A children's menu is available. Reservations are required.
An outdoor tennis court and a health club are featured at the hotel. In addition to an indoor pool, other recreational amenities include a fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Playground on site
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at 11 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
There is no front desk at this property. To make arrangements for check-in, please contact the property ahead of time using the information on the booking confirmation.
This property does not have a front desk. To arrange for check-in, guests must contact the property in advance of arrival using the information on the booking confirmation.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 35.0 per day.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 17 per person (approximately)
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 35.0 per day
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Douneside House Hotel Aboyne
- Douneside House Hotel
- Douneside House Aboyne
- Douneside House Aboyne Scotland