Enter dates to see availability
- All rooms offer flat-screen TVs, premium bedding and free toiletries
- Free full breakfast served daily
- Free WiFi
- Free self-parking
- Amenities include a terrace
- Guests speak favourably about the breakfast and the helpful staff
- Just a 3-minute drive from Aboyne Golf Club and 7 minutes from The Butterworth Gallery
- Dogs welcome for a fee (restrictions apply)
Reviews from Trip Advisor
% of guests recommend out of 28 reviews
About the Mill of Dess Lodge & Mill CottageLocation Lower Dess, Aboyne, Scotland AB34 5BE
Free breakfast is available daily. Public spaces have free WiFi. Mill of Dess Lodge & Mill Cottage also features a terrace, a garden, and a picnic area. Free self parking is available. This 4-star Aboyne lodge is smoke free.
- 10 guestrooms or units
- 2 levels
- 2 buildings
- Built in 2015
- Full breakfast (free)
- Outdoor picnic space
- Smoking in designated areas
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Airport: Aberdeen (ABZ) (39.9 km / 24.8 mi)
- Parking: Free self parking
Mill of Dess Lodge & Mill Cottage offers 10 forms of accommodation with a safe and complimentary bottles of water. Beds feature premium bedding. Flat-screen televisions come with satellite channels. Bathrooms include a bath and shower, a complimentary bathrobe, complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis. Renovation of all guestrooms was completed in September 2015.
- Flat-screen television
- Satellite channels
- Luxury bedding
- Bathtub or shower
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Toiletries (free)
- Ensuite bathroom
Food & Drink
Guests are served a free full breakfast daily.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 4 PM
- Check-in time ends at 8 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
There is no front desk at this property. If you are planning to arrive after 9 PM, please contact the property at least 24 hours in advance using the information on the booking confirmation.
This property does not have a front desk. Guests arriving after 9 PM must contact the property at least 24 hours prior to arrival using the information on the booking confirmation.
- Check-out by 10:30 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets: GBP 10 per pet, per night
- Only dogs are allowed
- Certain rooms only, restrictions apply
- You can request a pet-friendly room by reaching out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cots (infant beds) available
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: GBP 80.0 per night
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Pet fee: GBP 10 per pet, per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Mill of Dess Lodge Mill Cottage
- Mill Dess Mill Cottage Aboyne
- Mill Dess Mill Cottage
You should know
- Pets are welcome in certain rooms only; other restrictions apply (please see the Fees section for related charges). To make arrangements for your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation.
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.