Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with 24-hour room service, LCD TVs and fridges
- Free WiFi in some public areas
- Enjoy Italian cuisine while dining at SCOSSA restaurant
- Buffet breakfast served daily for a fee
- WiFi and wired Internet for a fee
- Valet parking available for a fee
- Services include babysitting, dry cleaning/laundry and concierge services
- On-site recreation includes a 24-hour fitness centre
- Guests speak favourably about the comfortable guestrooms and the central location
- Just a 5-minute walk from Herengracht Canal and 8 minutes on foot from New Church
Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel ratings based on 91 verified reviews
Guest reviews for Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel
13 May 2019 by Johanna Siemer
Dear Anonymous, Thank you for taking the time to share this review. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to welcome you back again in the future, whenever your travels bring you back to Amsterdam. Kind regards, Johanna Siemer- Guest Relations Manager
9 Apr 2019 by Johanna Siemer
Dear Susan, Thank you so much for your lovely comments and motivating words regarding our team. Our central location does indeed make for a convenient stay and we are happy to hear that our hotel provided the perfect base for your city trip. We look forward to your next visit and hope to make it even more memorable than your recent stay. Kind regards, Johanna Siemer- Guest Relations Manager
27 Feb 2019 by Johanna Siemer
Dear Anonymous, Thank you so much for sending us your feedback and for choosing our hotel for your recent stay. We are glad to learn that you had such a brilliant stay with us and that our central location made traveling around the city so easy. We aim to provide our guests with a comfortable and luxurious base for exploring Amsterdam, where they can come back to a warm and hospitable team of associates ready to ensure an effortless stay. It seems that we did not fully achieve this for your stay. Thank you for bringing the issue you experienced at the reception to our attention, this is most certainly not the service we aim to provide for our guests. I will look into how we can avoid similar experiences. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Amsterdam. Kind regards, Johanna Siemer, Guest Relations Manager
Excellent Location, Room not so great though
Nice hotel in heart of city
Good hotel good location
5 star hotel
About the Renaissance Amsterdam HotelLocation Kattengat 1, Amsterdam, 1012 SZ
There are 2 restaurants and 2 coffee shops/cafés on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. You'll find a business centre on site. WiFi is free in public spaces. Event space at this hotel measures 16146 square feet (1500 square metres) and includes conference centres. A 24-hour fitness centre, tour or ticket assistance, and multilingual staff are also featured at the luxury Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel. For a fee, parking is available. This 5-star Amsterdam hotel is smoke free.
- 402 guestrooms or units
- 2 dining venues
- 2 coffee shops
- 16146 sq ft of conference space
- 1500 sq. m of conference space
- Bar or lounge
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Conference centre
- Business facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee in lobby
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Fireplace in lobby
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: WiFi (surcharge) , Wired Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol) (18 km / 11.2 mi)
- Train station: Amsterdam Central Station (3.9 km / 2.4 mi)
- Metro station: Amsterdam Central Metro Station (0.6 km / 0.4 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel offers 402 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with a safe and complimentary bottles of water. Fridges and coffee/tea makers are provided. Bathrooms include a combined bath/shower unit, complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. In-room wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. LCD televisions come with cable channels and pay-per-view films. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered on a daily basis. Amenities available on request include hypo-allergenic bedding.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- HD television
- Cable channels
- Films for purchase
- Coffee maker
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Shower and tub combination
- Cribs (free)
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast daily from 6:30 AM to 11:00 AM.
SCOSSA restaurant – This restaurant specialises in Italian cuisine and serves breakfast, dinner and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available.
Koepelcafe – This pub specialises in local cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Open daily.
2b lounge bar – This cocktail bar specialises in fusion cuisine and only serves light fare. Happy hour is offered. Open daily.
24-hour room service is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a 24-hour fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 20.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property/stay dates). Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property/stay dates).
- Only service animals are allowed
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: EUR 75.00 per day
- A 6.422 per cent city/local tax will be charged
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 29.50 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: EUR 19.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: EUR 19.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 58 per day
- Nearby parking fee: EUR 55 per 24 hours
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 20.0 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Renaissance Amsterdam Hotel
- Renaissance Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Renaissance
You should know
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.