Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with 24-hour room service, flat-screen TVs and minibars
- Free WiFi and wired Internet
- Enjoy seafood with garden views at Bridges Dining, one of the property's 2 restaurants and 2 bars/lounges
- Buffet breakfast served daily for a fee
- Valet parking and self-parking available for a fee
- Take a swim in the indoor pool
- Indulge with body scrubs, facials or Ayurvedic treatments at So SPA
- Services include babysitting, dry cleaning/laundry and concierge services
- On-site recreation includes a fitness centre, a steam room and a sauna
- Guests have good things to say about the accommodation for the comfy beds and low noise level
- Within a 10-minute walk of Royal Palace and New Church
- Dogs welcome for a fee (restrictions apply)
Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam ratings based on 16 verified reviews
Guest reviews for Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam
6 Nov 2018 by Joep
It is a pleasure to learn that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to thank you for your grading. We hope to be able to welcome you back to Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam in the near future.
Perfect location and treat for my parents
24 Apr 2018 by Joep
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your parents recent stay with us. Your valuable feedback is much appreciated and we have shared these lovely comments with the team. It is our passion to provide all our guests a memorable experience and I am glad to learn that this time we managed this again.We look forward to welcoming you and your parents back to Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam in the future and hope to see you again soon.
Lovely hotel with helpful staff
15 Dec 2017 by Joep
First of all we would like to thank you for your recent stay at Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam and mostly for reporting your observations to us. We consider your feedback as the most valuable tool to evaluate our services and improve ourselves where needed. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, and we will share your comments with our team. We are certain that your feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. We will make sure to share your lovely comment about Dennis personally with him. We are very sorry to read that your deposit has not been refunded to your card yet. Sometimes it happen that there is a little delay in communication between us and your bank, so I assume that this will be refunded soon, if not you can contact the hotel directly by mail. Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam in the near future.
Fantastic get away
not impressed :-(
Sehr schönes Hotel
14 May 2018 by Joep
I would like to thank you for choosing Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam and describing your experience on Ebookers, Expedia. Through the smallest details, we try to give each guest a memorable experience and I am pleased to learn that we have succeeded during your stay and dinner. I am pleased that we are able to provide a true five-star experience, also in our restaurant Bridges! We look forward to welcoming you back to Bridges in the future and hope to see you again soon.
Cadre magnifique mais cher payé
About the Sofitel Legend The Grand AmsterdamLocation Oudezijds Voorburgwal 197, Amsterdam, 1012 EX
Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers its guests a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a sauna. There are 2 restaurants on site. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Public spaces have free WiFi and wired Internet. There's an onsite business centre. Event space at this hotel measures 15069 square feet (1400 square metres) and includes conference centres. A fitness centre, spa services, and a library are also featured at the luxury Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam. Parking is available for a fee. Smoking is allowed in designated areas at this 5-star Amsterdam hotel.
- 177 guestrooms or units
- 5 levels
- 2 dining venues
- 2 bars or lounges
- 15069 sq ft of conference space
- 1400 sq. m of conference space
- Built in 1578
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Conference centre
- Business facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-out
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Fireplace in lobby
- Smoking in designated areas
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Self parking (surcharge) , Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol) (21.7 km / 13.5 mi)
- Train station: Amsterdam Central Station (1 km / 0.6 mi)
- Metro station: Nieuwmarkt Station (0.5 km / 0.3 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking and self parking available for a surcharge
Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam offers 177 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with minibars and espresso makers. Beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets, down comforters and premium bedding. A pillow menu is available. Flat-screen televisions come with premium satellite channels and pay-per-view films. Bathrooms include a complimentary bathrobe, complimentary slippers, designer toiletries and complimentary toiletries. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary newspapers and telephones. Additionally, rooms include a safe and a hairdryer. Hypo-allergenic bedding and an iron/ironing board can be requested. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered on a daily basis.
- Separate bedroom
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Satellite channels
- Premium channels
- Films for purchase
- Espresso maker
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Down blanket
- Pillow options
- Cribs (free)
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Newspapers (free)
- Childcare in room (surcharge)
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board available
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy buffet breakfast on weekdays from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM and at the weekend from 6:30 AM to 11:30 AM.
Bridges Dining – Overlooking the garden, this restaurant specialises in seafood and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy al fresco dining (weather permitting). 1-star Michelin rating. A children's menu is available.
24-hour room service is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an indoor pool, a sauna and a fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Boat tours on site
- Hiking/biking trails on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
So SPA has 2 treatment rooms, including rooms for couples. Services include facials, body scrubs and body treatments. The spa is equipped with a sauna and Turkish bath/hammam. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including Ayurvedic.
- Sauna in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3:00 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 90.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: EUR 25 per pet, per day
- Only dogs are allowed
- Maximum 1 per room
- Restrictions apply
- For more information, you can reach out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property/stay dates). Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property/stay dates).
- Only service animals are allowed
- Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A 6.422 per cent city/local tax will be charged
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 39 per person (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: EUR 70 per night
- Valet parking fee: EUR 70 per night
- Pet fee: EUR 25 per pet, per day
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 90.0 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Sofitel Legend Grand Amsterdam Hotel
- Sofitel Legend Grand Hotel
- Sofitel Legend Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Legend Grand
- Sofitel The Grand Amsterdam Hotel Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel
- Sofitel Amsterdam
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Amsterdam Sofitel
- Accor The Grand Amsterdam
- Sofitel Amsterdam
You should know
- Pool access available from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- To make arrangements to bring your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation (please see the Fees section for related charges).
Awards & Affiliations
This property participates in Green Key (nogle), a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.
- Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam is listed in the 2011 Condé Nast Traveller Hot List.
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of the World.