Renovations + Closures
This property is closed from 25 March 2020 to 31 October 2020 (dates subject to change).
Step outside to unwind on the sandy beach. Hit the beach and work on your tan in the sunloungers (chaise longues) or relax in the shade with complimentary cabanas and umbrellas. At InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort, you can cool off in one of the 2 the outdoor swimming pools and indulge in a pampering afternoon at the full-service spa. There are 5 restaurants on site, along with a coffee shop/cafΘ. You can enjoy a drink at one of the bars, which include 2 bars/lounges, A beach bar, and A swim-up bar. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. This luxury hotel also offers a free kid's club, a kids' pool and an outdoor tennis court. Free self parking is available. This 5-star Balaclava hotel is smoke free.
- 210 guestrooms or units
- 3 levels
- 10 buildings
- 5 dining venues
- 2 bars or lounges
- 8396 sq ft of conference space
- 780 sq. m of conference space
- Built in 2008
- Bar on the beach
- Bar by the pool
- Swim-up bar
- Coffee shop
- Kid's club (free)
- Supervised kid's activities (free)
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Cabanas on the beach (free)
- Beach lounge chairs
- Towels for the beach
- Umbrellas for the beach
- Cabanas by the pool (free)
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Umbrellas for the pool
- Conference centre
- Business facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Outdoor picnic space
- Gift shop
- Beauty salon
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- On-site shopping
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms:
, Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas:
Airport: Mahebourg (MRU-Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam Intl.)
Parking: Free self parking
InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort offers 210 forms of accommodation with minibars and a safe. Rooms open to furnished balconies or patios. This accommodation is furnished with sofa beds and desks. Select Comfort beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets. 42-inch LCD televisions come with satellite channels and pay-per-view films. Bathrooms include a separate bath and shower with a deep soaking bath and a rainfall showerhead. Bathrooms are also outfitted with bathrobes, slippers and complimentary toiletries. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. Additionally, rooms include complimentary bottles of water and coffee/tea makers. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered on a daily basis.
- Private balcony or patio (furnished)
- Select Comfort beds
- Deep-soaking tub
- Pull-out sofa bed
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- LCD television
- Satellite channels
- Films for purchase
- Coffee maker
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Separate shower and tub
- Rainfall showerhead
- Cots (free)
- Rollaway beds (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control
- Ceiling fan
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
- Wheelchair accessible
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast daily.
Noble House – This beachfront restaurant specialises in Asian cuisine and only serves dinner.Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Reservations are required.
Segala – This beachfront restaurant specialises in seafood and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Reservations are required.
Senso – Overlooking the ocean and pool, this buffet restaurant specialises in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Veda – Overlooking the garden, this restaurant specialises in Indian cuisine and only serves dinner. Reservations are required.
Palm restaurant – This poolside restaurant specialises in international cuisine and serves lunch and dinner.
24-hour room service is available.
2 the outdoor swimming pools are on site along with a children's pool. Other recreational amenities include a private beach, an outdoor tennis court, a 24-hour health club and a spa tub.
Guests aged under 18 years old are not allowed in the health club, fitness facility or spa tub.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Snorkelling on site
- Surfing/boogie boarding on site
- Volleyball on site
- Beach volleyball on site
- Waterskiing on site
- Windsurfing on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Beach yoga on site
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Fitness classes on site
- Boat tours on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Fishing on site
- Safari nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Rock climbing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Kayaking on site
- Skydiving nearby
- Motor boating on site
- Parasailing on site
- Ziplining nearby
- Playground on site
- Ecotours nearby
- Sailing on site
- Scooter/moped rentals on site
- Scuba diving on site
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Personal motorised watercraft on site
SPA InterContinental has 5 treatment rooms, including rooms for couples and outdoor treatment areas. Massages are available on the beach and in the spa. Other services include deep-tissue massages, hot stone massages and sports massages. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy, Ayurvedic and thalassotherapy. The spa is equipped with a sauna, a spa tub and a steam room.
The spa is open daily. Guests under 15 years old are not allowed in the spa.
- Number of treatment rooms 5
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Massages on beach
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Thalassotherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Thai massage
- Minimum age to access spa is 15
- Sports massage
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them in the special requests field on the booking page after selecting your room.
- Wheelchair-accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Wheelchair-accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Braille or raised signage
- Check-in time starts at 3:00 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Minimum check-in age is: 18
Special check-in instructions:
This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival.
This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival.
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 5 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cots (infant beds)!
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Safety features at this property include a fire extinguisher, a smoke detector, a security system and a first aid kit. This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.Disinfectant is used to clean the property, and enhanced cleanliness.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification may be required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. For guests' safety, the property includes a fire extinguisher, a smoke detector, a security system and a first aid kit in all accommodation. This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.Disinfectant is used to clean the property, and enhanced cleanliness.Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; periodic temperature checks are conducted on staff; temperature checks are available to guests; guests are provided with hand sanitiser.
- Service animals are allowed
- Service animals are exempt from fees/restrictions
- Staff temperature checks are conducted regularly
- Temperature checks are available to guests
- Bed sheets and towels are not washed at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F
- Commonly touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant
- Property confirms they are implementing guest safety measures
- Contactless check-out is not available
- Property is cleaned with disinfectant
- Staff wear personal protective equipment
- Security system
- Debit cards not accepted
- Protective clothing is not available for guests
- No shield between guests and staff in main contact areas
- Property does not follow sanitisation practices of any association
- Guests are provided with free hand sanitiser
- Staffed front desk
- Social distancing measures are in place
- Contactless check-in is not available
- Property does not follow a brand or regulatory agency's sanitisation guidelines
- No lifts
- Property confirms they are implementing enhanced cleaning measures
- Individually wrapped food options are not available
- Number of children who can stay for free – 2
- No gap period between guests' stays
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per adult: EUR 110.00
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per child: EUR 55.00 (from 12 to 16 years old)
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: EUR 130.00
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per child: EUR 65.00 (from 12 to 16 years old)
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 20 per person (approximately)
- Early check-in is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Hotel InterContinental Mauritius
- InterContinental Hotel Mauritius
- InterContinental Mauritius
- InterContinental Mauritius Hotel
- Mauritius Hotel InterContinental
- Mauritius InterContinental
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava
- InterContinental Resort Mauritius Balaclava
- InterContinental Mauritius Resort Fort
- InterContinental Mauritius Balaclava Fort
- InterContinental Mauritius Fort
- InterContinental Mauritius Fo
- InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort Hotel
- InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort Balaclava
- InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
You should know
- Reservations are needed for golf tee times, massage services, and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Up to 2 children aged 5 years old and younger stay free in the same room as the parent or guardian when using existing bedding.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
url importing http://www.ebookers.com/Balaclava-Hotels-InterContinental-Mauritius-Resort-Balaclava-Fort.h2675627-p2.Hotel-Reviews?rm1=a2&
There was an error importing /Balaclava-Hotels-InterContinental-Mauritius-Resort-Balaclava-Fort.h2675627-p2.Hotel-Reviews?rm1=a2&, error: javax.servlet.jsp.JspTagException: 301 http://www.ebookers.com/Balaclava-Hotels-InterContinental-Mauritius-Resort-Balaclava-Fort.h2675627-p2.Hotel-Reviews?rm1=a2&