Enter dates to see availability
- All rooms offer deep-soaking bathtubs, 24-hour room service and TVs
- Free WiFi
- Free self-parking
- Drinking and dining options include a restaurant, a coffee shop and a bar/lounge
- English breakfast offered for a fee
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, tour or ticket assistance and luggage storage
- Guests like the breakfast and bar
- 11 minutes by car from Birmingham Botanical Gardens and 15 minutes from University of Birmingham
- Dogs welcome for a fee (restrictions apply)
Reviews from Trip Advisor
52.0% of guests recommend out of 420 reviews
About the The Great Barr HotelLocation Pear Tree Drive, Birmingham, England B43 6HS
There's a restaurant on site, as well as a coffee shop/café and a snack bar/deli. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. The business-friendly The Great Barr Hotel also features tour or ticket assistance, a garden, and coffee/tea in common area. Free self parking is available. Smoking is allowed in designated areas at this 3-star Birmingham hotel.
- 1 building
- 92 guestrooms or units
- 3 levels
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Conference centre
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Pool or billiards table
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Smoking in designated areas
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Airport: Birmingham (BHX) (29.5 km / 18.3 mi)
- Train station: Birmingham Hamstead Station (2.7 km / 1.7 mi)
- Parking: Free self parking
The Great Barr Hotel offers 92 forms of accommodation with coffee/tea makers and a hairdryer. This individually decorated and furnished accommodation includes desks. This Birmingham hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Bathrooms include a combined bath/shower unit with a deep soaking bath. Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge) are also available. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- Deep soaking tub
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Coffee maker
- Shower and tub combination
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Unique furnishings
- Unique decor
Food & Drink
Guests can enjoy English breakfast for a fee.
Oak Bar – This bar serves lunch and dinner.
Palm Court Restaurant – This restaurant specialises in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
24-hour room service is available.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
There is no after-hours reception at this property. Guests arriving late won't be able to check in until the next morning.
This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. Guests arriving after hours will have to wait until the next morning to check in.
- Check-out by 11:30 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 10.0 per day.
- Pets: GBP 10 per pet, per night
- Only dogs are allowed
- Maximum 1 per room
- Restrictions apply
- For more information, you can reach out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- Only service animals are allowed
- No lifts
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for English breakfast: GBP 12.95 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: GBP 10 per pet, per night
- Late check-out fee: GBP 20 (subject to availability)
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 10.0 per day
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Great Barr Hotel Birmingham
- Great Barr Hotel
- Great Barr Birmingham
You should know
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- To make arrangements to bring your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation (please see the Fees section for related charges).