Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with pillowtop beds, 24-hour room service and flat-screen TVs
- Free WiFi
- Free self-parking and extended parking
- Grab something to eat at the restaurant or stop for a drink at the bar/lounge
- Full breakfast served daily for a fee
- Take a swim in the outdoor pool
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services and tour or ticket assistance
- On-site recreation includes a fitness centre
- Guests speak favourably about the quiet guestrooms and the central location
- Just a 4-minute drive from Old Parliament House and a few minutes from Parliament House
Reviews from Trip Advisor
70.0% of guests recommend out of 1040 reviews
About the Diplomat Hotel CanberraLocation 2 Hely St. cnr. Canberra Ave., Griffith, ACT 2603
Diplomat Hotel Canberra offers its guests an outdoor pool and a fitness centre. There's a restaurant on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. There's an onsite business centre. Event space at this hotel measures 1600 square feet (149 square metres) and includes conference centres. A library, tour or ticket assistance, and multilingual staff are also featured at the business-friendly Diplomat Hotel Canberra. Limited free parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis. A complete renovation of Diplomat Hotel Canberra was completed in October 2018. This 4-star Griffith hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 67 guestrooms or units
- 3 levels
- 1600 sq ft of conference space
- 149 sq. m of conference space
- Built in 1985
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Conference centre
- Business facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free long-term parking , Free self parking , Parking (limited spaces)
- Airport: Canberra, ACT (CBR-Canberra Intl.) (7.5 km / 4.7 mi)
- Train station: Kingston Canberra Station (0.4 km / 0.3 mi)
- Parking: Free self parking and extended parking
Diplomat Hotel Canberra offers 67 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with minibars and free newspapers. Each accommodation is individually furnished and decorated. Pillowtop beds feature premium bedding. A pillow menu is available. Flat-screen televisions come with satellite channels. Bathrooms include a bath and shower, complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Additionally, rooms include coffee/tea makers and an iron/ironing board. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- Pillowtop beds
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Satellite channels
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Pillow options
- Bathtub or shower
- Cribs (surcharge)
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Newspapers (free)
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control
- Ensuite bathroom
- Unique furnishings
- Unique decor
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a full breakfast daily from 6:30 AM to 10 AM.
Eatery – This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Happy hour is offered. Open 24 hours.
Late-night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool and a fitness centre.
Guests aged under 16 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool or fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Segway rental/tour nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Check-in time ends at 3 AM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for AUD 25 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for AUD 25 per night.
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed.
- Only service animals are allowed
- Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: AUD 25 for adults and AUD 12 for children (approximately)
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: AUD 25 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 25 per night
- Credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Canberra Diplomat Hotel
- Diplomat Canberra
- Diplomat Hotel Canberra
- Hotel Diplomat Canberra
- Diplomat Hotel Canberra Hotel
- Diplomat Hotel Canberra Griffith
- Diplomat Hotel Canberra Hotel Griffith
You should know
- The seasonal pool will open in October and close in March.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
This property has been awarded a star rating from the Australian star ratings agency, Star Ratings Australia.