Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with LCD TVs, fridges and room service
- Free WiFi
- Enjoy a bite to eat at Stonebreakers Restaurant, a buffet restaurant that serves local cuisine
- Buffet breakfast served daily for a fee
- Self-parking and RV/bus/lorry parking available for a fee
- Indulge with massages, manicures and pedicures or body treatments at Relax SPA
- Services include babysitting, supervised activities for kids and dry cleaning/laundry
- On-site recreation includes a fitness centre
- Guests have good things to say about the accommodation for the cleanliness and overall comfort
- Steps from Victoria and Alfred Waterfront and Two Oceans Aquarium
- Airport and local-area shuttle service available for a fee
Reviews from Trip Advisor
75.0% of guests recommend out of 1268 reviews
About the Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater LodgeLocation Portswood Road, V&A Waterfront, Cape Town, Western Cape 8001
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge offers its guests a full-service spa and a fitness centre. There's a restaurant on site, as well as a coffee shop/café. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. WiFi is free in public spaces. There's an onsite 24-hour business centre. Event space at this hotel measures 0 square feet (0 square metres) and includes conference centres. Spa services, tour or ticket assistance, and multilingual staff are also featured at the family-friendly Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge. You'll have access to the indoor pool, outdoor pool, and health club at a partner property. An area shuttle within 25.00 km and a round-trip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) are available for a fee. For a fee, parking is available. This 3-star Cape Town hotel is smoke free.
- 191 guestrooms or units
- 2 levels
- 3 buildings
- 0 sq ft of conference space
- 0 sq. m of conference space
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Supervised kids' activities (surcharge)
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Business centre (24 hours)
- Conference centre
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Free cots/infant beds
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge) , RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Cape Town (CPT-Cape Town Intl.) (21.5 km / 13.3 mi)
- Train station: Cape Town Station (2.6 km / 1.6 mi)
- Property shuttles: Airport shuttle and area shuttle within 25.00 km available for a surcharge
- Parking: Self parking and RV/bus/truck parking available for a surcharge
Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge offers 191 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with laptop-compatible safes and complimentary bottles of water. Beds feature premium bedding. 22-inch LCD televisions come with premium satellite channels. Fridges and coffee/tea makers are provided. Bathrooms include complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary weekday newspapers and telephones. In-room massages, hypo-allergenic bedding and an iron/ironing board can be requested.A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered on a daily basis.
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- LCD television
- Satellite channels
- Premium channels
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Weekday newspapers (free)
- Childcare in room (surcharge)
- Massage in room (surcharge)
- Laptop safe
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board available
- Blackout drapes
- Air conditioning
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast daily from 6:30 AM to 10 AM.
Stonebreakers Restaurant – This buffet restaurant specialises in local cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Reservations are required.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkelling nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
Relax SPA has 2 treatment rooms. Services include deep-tissue massages, hot stone massages, sports massages and Swedish massages.
The spa is open daily.
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Number of treatment rooms 2
- Sports massage
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
24-hour airport shuttle service is available. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to get details.
Due to drought conditions, water restrictions apply at this property until further notice. Guests can expect periodic water supply outages or reduced water pressure during their stay. For more details, please contact the property using the number provided on the booking confirmation email.
Due to drought conditions, water restrictions may apply at this property until further notice. For more details, please contact the property using the number provided on the booking confirmation email.
Airport transport is offered 24 hours a day. Fees may apply. For details, please contact the property in advance.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- Only service animals are allowed
- No pets or service animals allowed
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A 1 per cent tourism fee will be charged
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: ZAR 190 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 380.00 per person (one way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: ZAR 25.00
- Self-parking fee: ZAR 25 per day
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge Cape Town
- Protea Breakwater Cape Town
- Protea Breakwater
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Lodge Cape Town, South Africa
- Breakwater Hotel Cape Town
- Protea Hotel Breakwater Cape Town Central
You should know
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Pets and service animals are not allowed on site.
- Guests may experience noise disturbance due to nearby construction work.
Quality graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa's official quality assurance organisation.