Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with Select Comfort beds, iPod docking stations and 24-hour room service
- Free full breakfast served daily
- Free WiFi and wired Internet
- Free valet parking and self-parking
- Enjoy a bite to eat at Bombay Brasserie, a fine-dining restaurant that serves Indian cuisine
- Take a swim in the indoor pool or soak in the spa tub
- Indulge with aromatherapy, manicures and pedicures or facials at Jiva Grande Spa at Taj
- Services include babysitting, a kids' club and dry cleaning/laundry
- On-site recreation includes a 24-hour health club, a steam room and a sauna
- Guests have good things to say about the accommodation for the spaciousness and overall comfort
- Steps from Greenmarket Square and Long Street
- Free beach, shopping centre and local-area shuttle service
Reviews from Trip Advisor
90.0% of guests recommend out of 2284 reviews
About the Taj Cape TownLocation 1 Wale Street, Cape Town, Western Cape 8001
Taj Cape Town offers its guests a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a 24-hour health club. There are 2 restaurants on site, as well as a coffee shop/cafΘ and a nearby snack bar/deli. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Free breakfast is served daily, and guests can also enjoy a free nightly manager's reception. A computer station is on site, and both WiFi and wired Internet are free in public spaces. A 24-hour business centre and a limo/town car service are available. Event space at this hotel measures 11200 square feet (1041 square metres) and includes conference centres. A hot tub, a sauna, and spa services are also featured at the luxury Taj Cape Town. You'll have access to the outdoor pool at a partner property. An area shuttle within 10 km and A beach shuttle are free. Self parking and valet parking are free. Smoking is allowed in designated areas at this 5-star Cape Town hotel.
- 176 guestrooms or units
- 17 levels
- 2 dining venues
- 11200 sq ft of conference space
- 1041 sq. m of conference space
- Built in 2010
- Full breakfast (free)
- Bar or lounge
- Manager's reception (free)
- Coffee shop
- Kid's club (surcharge)
- Supervised kids' activities (surcharge)
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Towels for the beach
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Business centre (24 hours)
- Conference centre
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Car service
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Gift shop
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Television in lobby
- On-site shopping
- Smoking in designated areas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Indoor pool
- Free WiFi
- Soundproofed rooms
- Free area shuttle
- Snack bar/deli
- Laundry facilities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Free cots/infant beds
- DVD player
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Free self parking , Free valet parking , Free parking nearby
- Airport: Cape Town (CPT-Cape Town Intl.) (19.4 km / 12.1 mi)
- Train station: Cape Town Station (0.8 km / 0.5 mi)
- Property shuttles: Free area shuttle within 10 km, beach shuttle, and shopping centre shuttle; airport shuttle, train station pick-up, and cruise terminal shuttle
- Parking: Free valet parking and self parking
Taj Cape Town offers 176 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with iPod docking stations and MP3 docking stations. Select Comfort beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets and premium bedding. 42-inch Flat-screen televisions come with premium satellite channels, DVD players and pay-per-view films. Bathrooms include a separate bath and shower with a rainfall showerhead, a complimentary bathrobe, complimentary slippers and designer toiletries. This Cape Town hotel provides complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary newspapers and telephones. Additionally, rooms feature minibars and laptop-compatible safes. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered on a daily basis.
- Select Comfort beds
- iPod dock
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Satellite channels
- Premium channels
- Films for purchase
- DVD player
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Separate shower and tub
- Rainfall showerhead
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Newspapers (free)
- Laptop safe
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Sound-insulated rooms
- Climate control
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
Guests are served a free full breakfast on weekdays from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM and at the weekend from 6:30 AM to 11:00 AM. The hotel hosts a free manager's reception daily.
Bombay Brasserie – This fine-dining restaurant specialises in Indian cuisine and only serves dinner.
Mint Restaurant – This restaurant specialises in international cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy al fresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available. Open daily.
In Room Dinning 24 Hours – This restaurant specialises in international cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. A children's menu is available. Open 24 hours. Open daily.
Lobby Lounge – This Cafe specialises in international cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available. Happy hour is offered. Open 24 hours. Open daily.
Late-night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
An indoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a 24-hour health club and a sauna.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Waterskiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Rafting nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
Jiva Grande Spa at Taj has 9 treatment rooms, including rooms for couples. Services include facials, body wraps, body scrubs and body treatments. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and reflexology. The spa is equipped with a sauna, a spa tub, a steam room and Turkish bath/hammam.
The spa is open daily. Guests under 16 years old are not allowed in the spa.
- Number of treatment rooms 9
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 16
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Check-in time ends at 2:00 AM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
24-hour airport shuttle service is available upon request. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Due to drought conditions, water restrictions may apply at this property until further notice. For more details, please contact the property using the number provided on the booking confirmation email.
Airport transport is offered on request 24 hours a day. Fees may apply. Please make arrangements in advance by contacting the property.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for ZAR 1400.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation.
- Only service animals are allowed
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A city tax will be collected at the property upon arrival. The city tax ranges from JPY 100-200 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. The tax does not apply to nightly rates under JPY 10,000. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking. A 1 per cent tourism fee will be charged
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 750 per vehicle (one way)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Taj Cape Town Hotel
- Taj Cape Town
- Taj Cape Town South Africa
- Taj Cape Town Hotel Cape Town Central
You should know
- Taj Cape Town offers transfers from the cruise terminal, airport, and train station (fees may apply). Please contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation 24 hours prior to arrival with your arrival details.
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This property participates in EarthCheck, a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBTQIA) guests.
Quality graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa's official quality assurance organisation.