Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with 24-hour room service, plasma TVs and minibars
- Free WiFi
- Free self-parking
- Enjoy garden views while dining at The Clipper Restaurant
- Full breakfast served daily for a fee
- Take a swim in the outdoor pool
- Treat yourself to body wraps, aromatherapy or body scrubs at Casuarina Spa
- Services include babysitting, dry cleaning/laundry and concierge services
- On-site recreation includes a health club and a sauna
- Guests speak favourably about the proximity to public transport and the helpful staff
- Steps from Victoria and Alfred Waterfront and 8 minutes on foot from Two Oceans Aquarium
Reviews from Trip Advisor
83.0% of guests recommend out of 1618 reviews
About the The Commodore HotelLocation Portswood Road, Portswood Square, Cape Town, Western Cape 8002
The Commodore Hotel offers its guests a full-service spa, an outdoor pool, and a health club. Along with a restaurant, there's a coffee shop/café on site. You can enjoy a drink at one of the bars, which include A poolside bar and A bar/lounge. Public spaces have free WiFi. Business amenities include a business centre and a limo/town car service. Event space at this hotel measures 1292 square feet (120 square metres) and includes conference centres. A sauna, a terrace, and tour or ticket assistance are also featured at the family-friendly The Commodore Hotel. Free self parking is available. Smoking is allowed in designated areas at this 4-star Cape Town hotel.
- 1 building
- 236 guestrooms or units
- 6 levels
- 1292 sq ft of conference space
- 120 sq. m of conference space
- Dining venue
- Bar by the pool
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Conference centre
- Business facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Car service
- Tour and ticket information
- Fireplace in lobby
- Smoking in designated areas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Outdoor pool
- Free WiFi
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Airport: Cape Town (CPT-Cape Town Intl.) (21.6 km / 13.5 mi)
- Train station: Cape Town Station (2.7 km / 1.7 mi)
- Parking: Free self parking
The Commodore Hotel offers 236 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with minibars and laptop-compatible safes. Beds feature premium bedding. 35-inch Plasma televisions come with premium satellite channels and pay-per-view films. Bathrooms include a combined bath/shower unit and a hairdryer. This Cape Town hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Additionally, rooms include complimentary bottles of water and coffee/tea makers. In-room massages, hypo-allergenic bedding and an iron/ironing board can be requested.A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered on a daily basis.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Plasma television
- Satellite channels
- Premium channels
- Films for purchase
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Shower and tub combination
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Childcare in room (surcharge)
- Massage in room (surcharge)
- Laptop safe
- Iron and ironing board available
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a full breakfast daily.
The Clipper Restaurant – Overlooking the pool and garden, this restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
24-hour room service is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool, a health club and a sauna.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Waterskiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Snorkelling nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
Casuarina Spa has massage/treatment rooms. Services include facials, body wraps, body scrubs and body treatments. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy.
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time ends at 6 PM
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Special check-in instructions:
Due to drought conditions, water restrictions apply at this property until further notice. Guests can expect periodic water supply outages or reduced water pressure during their stay. For more details, please contact the property using the number provided on the booking confirmation email.
Due to drought conditions, water restrictions may apply at this property until further notice. For more details, please contact the property using the number provided on the booking confirmation email.
- Check-out by 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A 1 per cent tourism fee will be charged
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: ZAR 220 per person (approximately)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Commodore Hotel Cape Town
- Commodore Cape Town
You should know
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This property participates in Heritage, a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.
Quality graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa's official quality assurance organisation.