Find cheap hotels in Chalk River
Hotels from £45
Choose from over 1,000,000 unique hotels, apartments & villas around the world
Free cancellation on most hotels when you book with ebookers!*
Check hotel prices in Chalk River
Most frequently booked hotels in Chalk River
Finding Chalk River Hotels
So, you're considering a holiday to Chalk River? If you'd like to find accommodation that's within a stone's throw of the sights, you can enter your holiday dates and then use the filters next to your hotel search results to find a hotel near the area's attractions.
Exploring Chalk River
The city of Chalk River has some interesting things to see and do. Popular attractions in and around Chalk River include:
- Petawawa National Forestry Institute
- Deep River Golf Club
- The Canadian Clock Museum
- CFB Petawawa Military Museums
- Petawawa Point
- Petawawa Terrace Provincial Park
When is the Best Time to Explore Chalk River?
If you're curious when is the best time of year to travel to Chalk River, you may find this information about seasonal weather helpful when planning your trip. The warmest months in Chalk River are typically July and August, whereas the coldest months are usually January and February. The months with the most rain are April and September, whereas March and February have the least.
Here's a rundown on how much rain you can expect and what the temperatures are going to be like:
- From January to March, the average daytime temperature is 6°C and at night it is -19°C. Seasonal average rainfall is 7 mm.
- If you visit between April and June, you can expect an average temp of 25°C during the day and -5°C at night. Average rainfall during this season is 9 mm.
- The daytime average temp from July to September is 26°C and the nighttime average is 4°C. Average precipitation for this season is 9 mm.
- Between October and December, the average temp during the day is 15°C and -16°C at night. Seasonal average rain is 9 mm.
- The average annual rainfall in Chalk River is 34 mm.