Your Costa del Sol Vacation
A sunny trip to Andalusia is not complete without a trip to the Costa del Sol. The glamorous beaches, sunny weather and hidden gems throughout the coastal region make the Costa del Sol a true getaway spot.
There are things to do for everyone, no matter what your favourite pastime may be. Explore the caves of Nerja, and hike through the area to the nearby beach. Settle down for a relaxing day at some of the Costa del Sol's resort hotels, or grab a bite from the many tapas bars along the Costa del Sol. From the museums to the beach and local eateries, there are plenty of activities and attractions to fill a trip to the region. All you have to do is book the trip with ebookers.
- Museo del Vino Malaga: The Malaga Wine Museum is a crash course in local wines. Learn about the drink, and sample the wares to get an idea of what to have on the trip.
- Nerja: El Playazo Beach in Nerja offers a place to relax, stroll or swim. You can also explore the area's caves for a little more excitement.
- Municipal Museum of Malaga: Take a free tour of over 4,000 historic pieces that tell the story of Malaga and the surrounding area.
- La Feria de Malaga: This summer festival with costumes, dancing, fireworks and more takes place in mid-August throughout the Costa del Sol.
- Mar Azul Resort: Stay in Estepona's private villa-like resort. The gardens and gates make this a secure and tranquil place to rest after a long day.
- Marbella International Film Festival: A part of the Costa del Sol summer festivals, the Marbella International Film Festival includes films from many nations abroad. The films are played in several languages.
- Canadu: Stick to your vegetarian diet and experience local cuisine at the same time at Canadu.
- Cafeteria Lepanto: Satisfy your sweet tooth at Cafeteria Lepanta. The patisserie offers many Spanish specialties to try.
- Old Town Marbella Tapas Tour: Tapas tours let you try local cuisine in bites, alongside local wines. Old Town Marbella has a smattering of establishments to try on the tour.
- Crocodile Park: An exotic distraction from the beauty of the island, the Crocodile Park lets you up close and personal with these lizards. Let ebookers help you prepare for these activities and more on your trip to the Costa del Sol.
- Playa Bella: A restaurant that is easy to overlook in Cadiz, Playa Bella is a yellowing shack-like structure that hides a romantic Spanish eatery with a breath-taking interior.
- The Orange Tree: This Old Town Marbella eatery offers great food in an area often overlooked by the crowds. Wander into Plaza General Chinchilla for a look.
- La Fructuosa: Get a view of the Rock of Gibraltar and the African continent from your room at La Fructuosa, located in the Gaucin area of the Costa del Sol.
- Cortijo Valverde: Spend the entire holiday in the hotel that is like a little slice of Spain. The Cortijo Valverde offers pools, gardens and more.
- El Puente Nuevo: For the most breath-taking photos of the area, take a hike up to the El Tajo gorge near the town of Ronda. Take the picture on the Puente Nuevo, a bridge that spans across the gorge for easy access.
The abundance of sunshine makes any destinations along the Costa del Sol into an amazing holiday. The average temperature in the winter rarely dips below the mid-teens, but the summer temperatures in July and August can easily reach beyond 32ºC. The best time to visit the coast is between April and early June and between September and mid-October when the temperatures are still warm. In addition to the great weather at these times of year, you will find open hotels and restaurants with a much smaller crowd than you'd find in summer. The Costa del Sol Summer Ferias begin in late May, so target those dates when planning your trip. Reserve your rooms on ebookers in advance to get a great room with a view of the Mediterranean and beaches.
Prices reflect the lowest "base rate" found over the next 30 days. Rates are subject to change and may not include taxes and fees, hotel service charges, extra person charges, or incidentals, such as room service. Converted rates are provided for your convenience. They are based on today's exchange rate, but the hotel will charge you in the local currency. Local charges may apply