Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with flat-screen TVs, minibars and room service (during limited hours)
- Free WiFi
- Enjoy drinks at the bar/lounge
- Buffet breakfast served daily for a fee
- Self-parking available for a fee
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services and tour or ticket assistance
- Guests speak favourably about the bar and the helpful staff
- Steps from Korenmarkt Square and St. Michael's Bridge
Reviews from Trip Advisor
% of guests recommend out of 187 reviews
About the 1898 The PostLocation Graslei 16, Ghent, 9000
As a guest of 1898 The Post, you'll find tour or ticket assistance, concierge services, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Public spaces have free WiFi. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. 1898 The Post also features dry cleaning/laundry services, room service (during limited hours), and express check-out. For a fee, parking is available. This 3.5-star Ghent hotel is smoke free.
- 37 guestrooms or units
- Bar or lounge
- 1 conference room
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-out
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Free WiFi
- Soundproofed rooms
- Free cots/infant beds
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge) , Offsite parking reservations required
- Airport: Brussels (BRU-Brussels - National) (68.9 km / 42.8 mi)
- Train station: Ghent-Sint-Pieters Station (3.5 km / 2.2 mi)
- Parking: Self parking available for a surcharge
1898 The Post offers 37 forms of air-conditioned accommodation which are accessible via exterior corridors, and features minibars and espresso makers. Each accommodation is individually decorated. Beds feature premium bedding. Flat-screen televisions come with premium satellite channels. Bathrooms include a shower, a complimentary bathrobe, designer toiletries and complimentary toiletries. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include complimentary newspapers, safes and telephones. Additionally, rooms include complimentary bottles of water and a hairdryer. Hypo-allergenic bedding and an iron/ironing board can be requested. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Satellite channels
- Premium channels
- Espresso maker
- Electric kettle
- Luxury bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Cribs (free)
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Newspapers (free)
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board available
- Blackout drapes
- Sound-insulated rooms
- Exterior corridor access
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Unique decor
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast daily from 7 AM to 10:30 AM.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 35.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property/stay dates). Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Guests must contact this property in advance to reserve onsite parking. Guests with cars will only be able to reach the property if their license plate is registered by the hotel prior to arrival. Please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking if you would like to drive up to the entrance or parking lot.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property/stay dates).
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 3.0 per person, per night
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 25 for adults and EUR 12.5 for children (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: EUR 20.00 per day
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability)
- Rollaway beds are available for an additional fee
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
You should know
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.