Enter dates to see availability
- All rooms offer flat-screen TVs, coffee/tea makers and free toiletries
- Free WiFi
- Enjoy a bite to eat at the restaurant
- Buffet breakfast served daily for a fee
- Services include luggage storage
- Guests have good things to say about the accommodation for the cleanliness and overall comfort
- 14 minutes by foot from Royal Commonwealth Pool and a 3-minute drive from Festival Theatre
Reviews from Trip Advisor
% of guests recommend out of 9 reviews
About the Allison House 16 GuesthouseLocation 16 Mayfield Gardens, Edinburgh, Scotland EH9 2BZ
There's a restaurant on site. Public spaces have free WiFi. This 4-star Edinburgh guesthouse is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 7 guestrooms or units
- 4 levels
- Built in 1890
- Dining venue
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Storage area for luggage
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family property
- Free WiFi
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free parking nearby
- Airport: Edinburgh (EDI) (22.1 km / 13.7 mi)
- Train station: Edinburgh Waverley Station (2.7 km / 1.7 mi)
Allison House 16 Guesthouse offers 7 forms of accommodation with coffee/tea makers and a hairdryer. Flat-screen televisions are featured in guestrooms. Bathrooms include a shower and complimentary toiletries. This Edinburgh guesthouse provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and an iron/ironing board can be requested.
- Flat-screen television
- Coffee maker
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board available
- Ensuite bathroom
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast daily from 8 AM to 10:00 AM.
Allison House 16 Guesthouse has a restaurant on site.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- In-room accessibility
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
There is no front desk at this property. To make arrangements for check-in, please contact the property ahead of time using the information on the booking confirmation.
Please note self check-in is available anytime. but cannot enter the room until after the stated check-in time which is 14:00.Check out time is 10:30. On check-out, the key must be left in the check-out key box in the lobby. Please note staff working hours between 8:00am – 11:00am, and between 2:00pm – 19:00pm Monday to Sunday.Please note telephone contact hours between 2:00pm – 19:00pm Monday to Friday.
This property does not have a front desk. To arrange for check-in, guests must contact the property in advance of arrival using the information on the booking confirmation.
- Check-out by 10:30 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. No on-site parking is available. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. No on-site parking is available.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cots (infant beds) available
- Only service animals are allowed
- No lifts
- 24-hour check-in
- Cash Deposit Required
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: GBP 6.5 for adults and GBP 6.5 for children (approximately)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Auld Reekie Guest House Edinburgh
- Allison House 16 Guesthouse Edinburgh
- Auld Reekie Edinburgh
- Auld Reekie Guest House Edinburgh, Scotland
- Allison House 16 Edinburgh
- Allison House 16
You should know
- Please note that this property can refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, which include pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.