Enter dates to see availability
- All rooms offer flat-screen TVs, Egyptian cotton sheets and coffee/tea makers
- Free WiFi
- Free self-parking
- Grab something to eat at the restaurant or stop for a drink at the bar/lounge
- Services include babysitting, supervised activities for kids and wedding services
- On-site recreation includes an outdoor tennis court
- 7 minutes by car from Royal Highland Centre and 13 minutes from Edinburgh Zoo
Reviews from Trip Advisor
% of guests recommend out of 73 reviews
About the Carlowrie CastleLocation Boathouse Bridge Road, Kirkliston, Scotland EH29 9ES
There's a restaurant on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Public spaces have free WiFi. Event space at this hotel measures 1184 square feet (110 square metres) and includes conference rooms. The family-friendly Carlowrie Castle also features a terrace and a garden. Free self parking is available. A complete renovation of Carlowrie Castle was completed in May 2015. This Kirkliston hotel is smoke free.
- 9 guestrooms or units
- 1184 sq ft of conference space
- 110 sq. m of conference space
- Built in 1852
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Supervised kids' activities (surcharge)
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Conference space
- Wedding services available
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Free WiFi
- Outdoor tennis court
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Airport: Edinburgh (EDI) (7.6 km / 4.7 mi)
- Train station: South Queensferry Dalmeny Station (5.7 km / 3.5 mi)
- Parking: Free self parking
Carlowrie Castle offers 9 forms of accommodation with coffee/tea makers and complimentary bathrobes. Each accommodation is individually furnished and decorated. Beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets and premium bedding. Flat-screen televisions are featured in guestrooms. Bathrooms include a bath and shower, complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- Flat-screen television
- Premium channels
- Coffee maker
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Bathtub or shower
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Childcare in room (surcharge)
- Toiletries (free)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Unique furnishings
- Unique decor
Food & Drink
On-site venue – This restaurant specialises in British cuisine and serves breakfast and dinner. A children's menu is available. Reservations are required.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor tennis court.
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Check-in time ends at 6 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by 10:30 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 35 per day.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No cots (infant beds) available
- Only service animals are allowed
- No lifts
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 35 per day
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.