Enter dates to see availability
- All rooms offer showers
- Free WiFi
- Enjoy a bite to eat at the coffee shop/café
- Breakfast served daily for a fee
- Amenities include locker space, a computer and laundry facilities
- Steps from Grassmarket and Greyfriars Kirk
Kick Ass Greyfriars (18+ hostel) ratings based on 2 verified reviews
Guest reviews for Kick Ass Greyfriars (18+ hostel)
14 Jun 2019 by BB Manager
Thank you so much for your kind rating, best wishes!
10 Jun 2019 by BB Manager
Thank you for your review! I'm glad our location proved convenient for you! I am sorry to hear about your noisy neighbours - we have strict quiet hours in the hostel from 10pm to 6am each day and we deal with any noise complaints straight away. Our night reception conduct regular walks and if noise occurs outwith this these walks, please advise our night reception and they will warn the culprits, or in severe situations, evict them. Thank you again for your kind rating and all the best!
About the Kick Ass Greyfriars (18+ hostel)Location 37-39 Cowgate, Edinburgh, Scotland EH1 1JR
There's a coffee shop/café on site, as well as a snack bar/deli. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. Kick Ass Greyfriars (18+ hostel) also features multilingual staff, laundry facilities, and a television in common area. This Edinburgh hostel is smoke free.
- 43 guestrooms or units
- Coffee shop
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Computer for guest use
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
- Microwave in a common area
- Fridge in a common area
- Locker space
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Train station: Edinburgh Waverley Station (1 km / 0.6 mi)
Kick Ass Greyfriars (18+ hostel) offers 43 forms of accommodation. This Edinburgh hostel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Guests can make use of the shared/communal kitchen. Bathrooms include a shower. Housekeeping is provided once per stay.
- Communal kitchen
- Housekeeping (once per stay)
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a local cuisine breakfast daily from 7 AM to 11 AM.
- Check-in time starts at 1 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
All guests must show a valid passport or ID. This is the only form of identification that is accepted at this property. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Check-out by 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children 17 and younger are not allowed at this property. All guests older than 17 are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. No on-site parking is available. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property/stay dates). Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. No on-site parking is available. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property/stay dates).
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cots (infant beds) available
- No lifts
- A city tax will be collected at the property upon arrival. The city tax ranges from JPY 100-200 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. The tax does not apply to nightly rates under JPY 10,000. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between GBP 3 and GBP 10 per person (approximately)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
You should know
- Please note that this property can refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, which include pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- Children 17 years old and younger aren't allowed at this property.