Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with sofa beds, 24-hour room service and plasma TVs
- Free WiFi and wired Internet in some public areas
- Options for a bite to eat or a relaxing drink include 2 restaurants, a coffee shop and 2 bars/lounges
- Full breakfast served daily for a fee
- WiFi for a fee
- Valet parking and self-parking available for a fee
- Take a swim in the indoor pool
- Treat yourself to massages at The Spa at The Principal
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services and tour or ticket assistance
- On-site recreation includes a fitness centre and a steam room
- Guests speak favourably about the quiet location and the overall condition of the property
- Steps from Princes Street and George Street
- Pets welcome free of charge
Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel ratings based on 13 verified reviews
Guest reviews for Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel
Absolutely fantastic experience
21 Apr 2018 by Murray Brand, Front Office Manager
Dear Sadia, Thank you for your recent stay and 5/5 review. I am delighted that you found our team central to creating such a positive stay. We all take great pride in what we do here and comments such as yours really mean a lot to the hotel team. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Principal Charlotte Square. Kind regards, Murray
17 Mar 2018 by Murray Brand, Front Office Manager
Dear Guest, Thank you for your recent visit to us at the Principal Charlotte Square and your 5/5 review. I am thrilled that you found our staff friendly and positive. We take a great deal of pride in providing a level of service that is akin to our design. Kind regards, Murray
Cool decor, great location!
6 Sep 2018 by Murray Brand, Front Office Manager
Dear Leena, Thank you for your recent stay and review. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful experience with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to Charlotte Square in the future. Kind regards, Murray
4 Sep 2018 by Murray Brand, Front Office Manager
Dear Peter, Thank you for your recent stay and review. I am delighted that you had such a wonderful experience with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to Charlotte Square in the future. Kind regards, Murray
About the Kimpton Charlotte Square HotelLocation 38 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh, Scotland EH2 4HQ
Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel offers its guests a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a steam room. There are 2 restaurants on site, along with a coffee shop/cafΘ. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Public spaces have free WiFi and wired Internet. There's an onsite business centre. A fitness centre, spa services, and a terrace are also featured at the luxury Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel. For a fee, parking is available. This 5-star Edinburgh hotel is smoke free.
- 199 guestrooms or units
- 5 levels
- 3 buildings
- 2 dining venues
- 2 bars or lounges
- Coffee shop
- Business facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Indoor pool
- Free WiFi
- Sofa bed
Available in all rooms: WiFi (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Self parking (surcharge) , Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Edinburgh (EDI) (12 km / 7.4 mi)
- Train station: Edinburgh Waverley Station (1.5 km / 0.9 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking and self parking available for a surcharge
Kimpton Charlotte Square Hotel offers 199 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with a safe and complimentary bottles of water. Beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets. Plasma televisions come with satellite channels. Fridges and coffee/tea makers are provided. Bathrooms include a shower, a complimentary bathrobe, designer toiletries and complimentary toiletries. This Edinburgh hotel provides wireless Internet access for a surcharge. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Additionally, rooms include a hairdryer and an iron/ironing board. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and in-room massages can be requested.
- Pull-out sofa bed
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Plasma television
- Satellite channels
- Coffee maker
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Massage in room (surcharge)
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a full breakfast daily from 6:00 AM to 10:00 AM.
BABA – This restaurant serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
24-hour room service is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an indoor pool, a steam room and a fitness centre.
Guests can indulge in a pampering treatment at the hotel's full-service spa, The Spa at The Principal. Services include massages.
The spa is open daily.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
The credit card used to book the reservation must be presented by the cardholder at check-in. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Pets are welcome and stay free
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 16 years old. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 16 years old.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- Only service animals are allowed
- Pets allowed (no fees)
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 17.95 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: GBP 0 per stay (rates may vary)
- Self-parking fee: GBP 30 per night
- Valet parking fee: GBP 30 per night
- Late check-out fee: GBP 20.00 (subject to availability)
- On-site credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Facilities fee: GBP 10 per person, per day and includes use of:
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Roxburghe Hotel Edinburgh
- Roxburghe Hotel
- Roxburghe Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Roxburghe
- The Roxburghe Hotel Edinburgh Scotland
- Macdonald Roxburghe Edinburgh
- Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square Hotel
- Principal Charlotte Square Hotel
- Principal Charlotte Square
- The Roxburghe Hotel
You should know
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This property participates in Green Tourism Programme, a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.