Enter dates to see availability
- All rooms offer flat-screen TVs, Egyptian cotton sheets and rainfall showerheads
- Free WiFi
- Relax with a drink at the lobby lounge
- Continental breakfast served daily for a fee
- Amenities include multilingual staff, a lift and coffee/tea in a common area
- Guests speak favourably about the comfortable guestrooms and the location's nightlife
- Steps from Princes Street and St. Giles' Cathedral
- Pets welcome for a fee (restrictions apply)
Motel One Edinburgh-Royal ratings based on 14 verified reviews
Guest reviews for Motel One Edinburgh-Royal
Nice hotel and very good stadd
Another excellent stay at a great central hotel
Central to everything you need and want
About the Motel One Edinburgh-RoyalLocation 18-21 Market Street, Edinburgh, Scotland EH1 1BL
Motel One Edinburgh-Royal offers its guests tour or ticket assistance, multilingual staff, and coffee/tea in common area. Public spaces have free WiFi. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. The business-friendly Motel One Edinburgh-Royal also features express check-out and a lift. This Edinburgh hotel is smoke free.
- 208 guestrooms or units
- 7 levels
- 2 buildings
- Built in 2013
- Bar or lounge
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee in lobby
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-out
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Free WiFi
- Soundproofed rooms
- Free cots/infant beds
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Airport: Edinburgh (EDI) (13.4 km / 8.3 mi)
- Train station: Edinburgh Waverley Station (0.2 km / 0.1 mi)
Motel One Edinburgh-Royal offers 208 forms of accommodation with coffee/tea makers and a hairdryer. Beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets and premium bedding. Flat-screen televisions come with satellite channels. Bathrooms include a shower with a rainfall showerhead, and complimentary toiletries. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and an iron/ironing board can be requested.
- Flat-screen television
- Satellite channels
- Coffee maker
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Rainfall showerhead
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board available
- Sound-insulated rooms
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
- Wheelchair accessible
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a continental breakfast daily.
One Lounge – This lobby lounge only serves light fare.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: GBP 5 per pet, per night
- Maximum 2 per room
- Restrictions apply
- For more information, you can reach out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. No on-site parking is available.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. No on-site parking is available.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for continental breakfast: GBP 9.50 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: GBP 5 per pet, per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Motel One Edinburgh-Royal Hotel
- Motel One Hotel
- Motel One Edinburgh-Royal
- Motel One
- Motel One Edinburgh-Royal Scotland
You should know
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- To make arrangements to bring your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation (please see the Fees section for related charges).
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.