Enter dates to see availability
- Shared rooms with free toiletries and showers
- Free WiFi
- Grab something to eat at the restaurant or stop for a drink at the bar/lounge
- Continental breakfast served daily for a fee
- Amenities include a computer, laundry facilities and a lift
- Guests have good things to say about the accommodation for the spaciousness and overall comfort
- Steps from Royal Mile and Princes Street
Reviews from Trip Advisor
73.0% of guests recommend out of 1849 reviews
About the Safestay Edinburgh Royal MileLocation 50 Blackfriars Street, Edinburgh, Scotland EH1 1NE
There's a restaurant on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. Safestay Edinburgh Royal Mile also features vending machine, laundry facilities, and express check-in. This 5-star Edinburgh hostel is smoke free.
- 132 guestrooms or units
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Storage area for luggage
- Computer for guest use
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Airport: Edinburgh (EDI) (13 km / 8.1 mi)
- Train station: Edinburgh Waverley Station (0.6 km / 0.4 mi)
Safestay Edinburgh Royal Mile offers 132 forms of shared accommodation with free toiletries. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Bathrooms include a shower. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and hairdryers can be requested.
- Accommodations are shared
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Hairdryer available
- Toiletries (free)
- Ensuite bathroom
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy continental breakfast on weekdays from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM and at the weekend from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
Bar 50 – This pub serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3:00 PM
- Check-in time ends at 4:00 AM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cots (infant beds) available
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for continental breakfast: GBP 5.50 per person (approximately)
- Early check-in fee: GBP 10 (subject to availability)
- Late check-in fee: GBP 10 for check-in between noon and noon
- Late check-out fee: GBP 10.00 (subject to availability)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Smart City Hostels Safestay Hostel Edinburgh
- Smart City Hostels Safestay Hostel
- Smart City Hostels Safestay Edinburgh
- Smart City Hostels Safestay
- Safestay Edinburgh Hostel
- Smart City Hostels by Safestay
You should know
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.