Points of Interest
Enter dates to see availability
- All rooms offer 24-hour room service, satellite TV and minibars
- Free WiFi
- Grab something to eat at one of the 3 restaurants, or stop for a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges
- Full breakfast served weekends for a fee
- WiFi in some public areas for a fee
- Take a swim in the indoor pool
- Treat yourself to manicures and pedicures, hot stone massages or facials at the spa
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, a porter and luggage storage
- On-site recreation includes a fitness centre and a sauna
- Guests have good things to say about the accommodation, from cleanliness and comfy beds to overall comfort and low noise level
- Steps from Princes Street and 4 minutes on foot from George Street
Reviews from Trip Advisor
91.0% of guests recommend out of 4442 reviews
About the The Balmoral HotelLocation 1 Princes Street, Edinburgh, Scotland EH2 2EQ
The Balmoral Hotel offers its guests a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a sauna. There are 3 restaurants on site. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. A computer station is on site and WiFi is available in public spaces for a fee. There's an onsite 24-hour business centre. The luxury The Balmoral Hotel also features a fitness centre, a fireplace in the lobby, and laundry facilities. This Victorian Edinburgh hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 188 guestrooms or units
- 7 levels
- 3 dining venues
- 2 bars or lounges
- Business centre (24 hours)
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-out
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Wedding services available
- Fireplace in lobby
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: WiFi (surcharge)
- Airport: Edinburgh (EDI) (13.7 km / 8.5 mi)
- Train station: Edinburgh Waverley Station (0.9 km / 0.6 mi)
The Balmoral Hotel offers 188 forms of accommodation with minibars and a safe. Satellite televisions are provided. Bathrooms include a shower, a complimentary bathrobe, designer toiletries and a hairdryer. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. A nightly turndown service is provided and amenities available on request include an iron/ironing board.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Satellite channels
- Coffee maker
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Nightly turndown service
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board available
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a full breakfast on weekends from 7 AM and 11 AM.
Number One – This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. 1-star Michelin rating.
Hadrians – On-site restaurant.
Palm Court – This restaurant only serves light fare.
The Balmoral Bar – On-site bar.
Scotch – On-site bar.
24-hour room service is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an indoor pool, a sauna and a fitness centre.
The on-site spa has massage/treatment rooms. Services include deep-tissue massages, hot stone massages, sports massages and Swedish massages. The spa is equipped with a sauna, a steam room and Turkish bath/hammam. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy.
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Sauna in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Sports massage
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at 11 PM
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 50.0 per day.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. No on-site parking is available. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. No on-site parking is available.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 29 per person (approximately)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: GBP 15.00 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 50.0 per day
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Balmoral Hotel Edinburgh
- Balmoral Hotel
- Balmoral Edinburgh
- Balmoral Edinburgh Hotel
- The Balmoral Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland
You should know
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This property participates in Green Tourism Programme, a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.