Enter dates to see availability
- All rooms offer room service (during limited hours), Egyptian cotton sheets and hairdryers
- Free WiFi
- Free self-parking
- Enjoy a bite to eat at the restaurant
- Cooked-to-order breakfast served daily for a fee
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services and tour or ticket assistance
- Guests like the restaurant and bar
- Within a 15-minute walk of Murrayfield Stadium and Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art
Reviews from Trip Advisor
89.0% of guests recommend out of 1631 reviews
About the The Dunstane HousesLocation 4 West Coates, Edinburgh, Scotland EH12 5JQ
There's a restaurant on site. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. WiFi is free in public spaces. Tour or ticket assistance, multilingual staff, and a garden are also featured at the luxury The Dunstane Houses. The hotel can provide concierge services and wedding services. Self parking is free. This Victorian Edinburgh hotel is smoke free.
- 35 guestrooms or units
- 3 levels
- 2 buildings
- 2 bars or lounges
- Built in 1852
- Dining venue
- 1 conference room
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Fireplace in lobby
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family property
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Airport: Edinburgh (EDI) (10.1 km / 6.3 mi)
- Train station: Edinburgh Haymarket Station (0.7 km / 0.5 mi)
- Parking: Free self parking
The Dunstane Houses offers 35 forms of accommodation with complimentary bottles of water and designer toiletries. Each accommodation is individually furnished and decorated. Beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets and premium bedding. This Edinburgh hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Bathrooms include complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Hypo-allergenic bedding and an iron/ironing board can be requested. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board available
- Unique furnishings
- Unique decor
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy cooked-to-order breakfast on weekdays from 7:30 AM to 11:00 AM and at the weekend from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
The Dunstane Houses has a restaurant on site.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
- Check-in time starts at 3:00 PM
- Check-in time ends at 2:00 AM
Special check-in instructions:
There is no front desk at this property. The check-in location differs from the property location. To check in, go to 4 West Coates, EH12 5JQ
To make arrangements for check-in, please contact the property at least 24 hours before arrival using the information on the booking confirmation.
Group Booking Policy: For bookings of 3 rooms or more, special terms and conditions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
This property does not have a front desk. The check-in location differs from the property location. To check in, guests will need to go to 4 West Coates, EH12 5JQ
To arrange for check-in, guests must contact the property at least 24 hours prior to arrival using the information on the booking confirmation.
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 40.0 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No cots (infant beds) available
- No lifts
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: GBP 20 per person (approximately)
- Late check-out fee: GBP 30 (subject to availability)
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 40.0 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Dunstane Edinburgh
- Dunstane Hotel
- Dunstane Houses Dunstane House Hotel Edinburgh
- Dunstane Houses Dunstane House Hotel
- The Dunstane Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland
- Dunstane Houses Dunstane House Edinburgh
- Dunstane Houses Dunstane House
You should know
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.