Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with 24-hour room service, plasma TVs and fridges
- Free WiFi
- Options for a bite to eat or a relaxing drink include 2 restaurants, a coffee shop and 2 bars/lounges
- Full breakfast served daily for a fee
- Valet parking and self-parking available for a fee
- Take a swim in the indoor pool
- Treat yourself to massages at The Spa at The Principal
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services and tour or ticket assistance
- On-site recreation includes a fitness centre and a steam room
- Guests speak favourably about the quiet location and the proximity to the airport
- Steps from Princes Street and George Street
- Dogs welcome for a fee
Reviews from Trip Advisor
83.0% of guests recommend out of 488 reviews
About the Principal Edinburgh Charlotte SquareLocation 38 Charlotte Square, Edinburgh, Scotland EH2 4HQ
Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square offers its guests a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a steam room. There are 2 restaurants on site, along with a coffee shop/cafΘ. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Public spaces have free WiFi and wired Internet. There's an onsite business centre. A fitness centre, spa services, and a terrace are also featured at the luxury Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square. For a fee, parking is available. This 5-star Edinburgh hotel is smoke free.
- 199 guestrooms or units
- 5 levels
- 3 buildings
- 2 dining venues
- 2 bars or lounges
- Coffee shop
- Business facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Indoor pool
- Free WiFi
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Self parking (surcharge) , Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Edinburgh (EDI) (13.7 km / 8.5 mi)
- Train station: Edinburgh Haymarket Station (1.6 km / 1 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking and self parking available for a surcharge
Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square offers 199 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with a safe and complimentary bottles of water. Beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets. Fridges and coffee/tea makers are provided. Bathrooms include a shower, complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Plasma televisions come with satellite channels. Additionally, rooms include an iron/ironing board and blackout curtains. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and in-room massages can be requested.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Plasma television
- Satellite channels
- Coffee maker
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Massage in room (surcharge)
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a full breakfast daily.
BABA – This restaurant serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
24-hour room service is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an indoor pool, a steam room and a fitness centre.
Guests can indulge in a pampering treatment at the hotel's full-service spa, The Spa at The Principal. Services include massages.
The spa is open daily.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
The credit card used to book the reservation must be presented by the cardholder at check-in. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 30.0 per night.
- Pets: GBP 30.00 per pet, per night
- Only dogs are allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 16 years old. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 16 years old.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 15.95 per person (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: GBP 25.00 per night
- Valet parking fee: GBP 25.00 per night
- Pet fee: GBP 30.00 per pet, per night
- Late check-out fee: GBP 20.00 (subject to availability)
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 30.0 per night
- On-site credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Facilities fee: GBP 10 per person, per day and includes use of:
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Roxburghe Hotel Edinburgh
- Roxburghe Hotel
- Roxburghe Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Roxburghe
- The Roxburghe Hotel Edinburgh Scotland
- Macdonald Roxburghe Edinburgh
- Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square Hotel
- Principal Charlotte Square Hotel
- Principal Charlotte Square
- The Roxburghe Hotel
You should know
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This property participates in Green Tourism Programme, a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.