Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with 24-hour room service, flat-screen TVs and premium bedding
- Free WiFi
- Enjoy British cuisine at The Pompadour , one of the property's 2 restaurants and 2 bars/lounges
- Full breakfast served daily for a fee
- Valet parking and self-parking available for a fee
- Take a swim in the indoor pool or soak in the spa tub
- Treat yourself to facials, massages or body treatments at Guerlain Spa
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services and tour or ticket assistance
- On-site recreation includes a health club
- Guests have good things to say about the accommodation for the cleanliness and overall comfort
- Steps from Princes Street and 4 minutes on foot from George Street
- Dogs welcome for a fee
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian ratings based on 21 verified reviews
Guest reviews for Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian
Nice old Hotel
15 Apr 2017 by GM-WAEdi
Dear Andy, Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Edinburgh. I am delighted to read your wonderful review and that we clearly exceeded your expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable experience. Best regards, Dale MacPhee General Manager
1 Apr 2017 by GM-WAEdi
Dear Stephen, Thank you for your recent stay and for sharing your feedback. Your review and recommendation are greatly appreciated. Best regards, Dale MacPhee General Manager
5 Dec 2016 by GMWAEDI
Dear Alexander, Thank you for leaving such a positive review. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back time and time again in the future. Best regards, Dale MacPhee General Manager
Fabulous weekend away
Just A Brilliant break
About the Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The CaledonianLocation Princes Street, Edinburgh, Scotland EH1 2AB
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian offers its guests a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a health club. There are 2 restaurants on site, along with a coffee shop/cafΘ. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. WiFi is free in public spaces. Event space at this hotel measures 2336 square feet (217 square metres) and includes conference rooms. A hot tub, spa services, and tour or ticket assistance are also featured at the luxury Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian. Parking is available for a fee. A complete renovation of Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian was completed in 2014. This 5-star Edinburgh hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 241 guestrooms or units
- 7 levels
- 2 dining venues
- 2 bars or lounges
- 2336 sq ft of conference space
- 217 sq. m of conference space
- Built in 1903
- Coffee shop
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Newspapers for purchase
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Indoor pool
- Free WiFi
- Free cots/infant beds
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge) , Valet parking (surcharge) , Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Airport: Edinburgh (EDI) (14.6 km / 9.1 mi)
- Train station: Edinburgh Haymarket Station (1.1 km / 0.7 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking and self parking available for a surcharge
Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian offers 241 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with laptop-compatible safes and espresso makers. Beds feature premium bedding. Flat-screen televisions come with premium satellite channels. Bathrooms include a bath and shower, a complimentary bathrobe, complimentary slippers and designer toiletries. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, safes and telephones. Additionally, rooms include complimentary bottles of water and a hairdryer. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered on a daily basis. Amenities available on request include hypo-allergenic bedding.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Satellite channels
- Premium channels
- Espresso maker
- Electric kettle
- Luxury bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Bathtub or shower
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Laptop safe
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Air conditioning
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a full breakfast daily from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM.
The Pompadour – This fine-dining restaurant specialises in British cuisine and serves lunch and dinner.
Grazing by Mark Greenaway – This restaurant serves lunch and dinner. A children's menu is available. Open daily.
Peacock Alley – On-site lobby lounge. Open daily.
The Caley Bar – This bar serves dinner and light fare. Open daily.
Late-night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
An indoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a health club.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
Guests can indulge in a pampering treatment at the hotel's full-service spa, Guerlain Spa. Services include deep-tissue massages, facials, body scrubs and body treatments. The spa is equipped with a sauna, a spa tub and a steam room.
The spa is open daily. Children under 14 years old are not allowed in the spa without adult supervision.
- Deep tissue massage
- Prenatal massage
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: GBP 50 per pet, per day
- Only dogs are allowed
- Maximum 2 per room
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
- No rollaway/extra beds available
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 25 per person (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: GBP 25 per night
- Valet parking fee: GBP 25 per night
- Nearby parking fee: GBP 19.50 per 24 hours
- Pet fee: GBP 50 per pet, per day
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh Caledonian Hotel
- Waldorf Astoria Caledonian Hotel
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh Caledonian
- Waldorf Astoria Caledonian
- Waldorf Astoria Edinburgh - The Caledonian Scotland
You should know
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.