Find cheap hotels in Essex
Hotels from £45
Choose from over 1,000,000 unique hotels, apartments & villas around the world
Free cancellation on most hotels when you book with ebookers!*
Check hotel prices in Essex
Most frequently booked hotels in Essex
Finding Essex Hotels
So, you're thinking about travelling to Essex? If you'd like to find accommodation that's within a stone's throw of the sights, you can enter your holiday dates and then use the filters next to your hotel search results to find somewhere to stay near the area's attractions.
Top Hotels and Other Accommodation Options in Essex
When you're thinking about where to stay in Essex, you'll be able to quickly and easily search ebookers for hotels that offer services such as high-speed Internet, free airport transport or a swimming pool. You can take advantage of the filters to narrow down your search for accommodation, so you get the services that are important to you, such as air conditioning or an in-room kitchen.
Guests recognise the following Essex hotel for the free breakfast:
- The Griswold Inn
The city of Essex is known for its bars. Popular attractions in and around Essex include:
- Essex Steam Train
- Essex Library
- Pratt House
- Essex Island Marina
- Connecticut River Museum
- Ivoryton Playhouse
- Museum of Fife and Drum
When arranging your Essex getaway, you can also use ebookers to find a convenient flight to New London, CT (GON-Groton - New London) Airport. You can narrow down your search by number of stops, airline or departure time to identify one that works best for you.
When is the Best Time to Explore Essex?
If you're curious when is the best time of year to travel to Essex, you might find this info about seasonal weather helpful when planning your trip. The warmest months in Essex are typically July and August, whereas the coldest months are usually January and December. The months with the most rain are October and June, whereas February and September have the least.
Here's a rundown on how much rain you can expect and what the temperatures are going to be like:
- From January to March, the average daytime temperature is 12°C and at night it is -6°C. Seasonal average rainfall is 290 mm.
- If you visit between April and June, you can expect an average temp of 29°C during the day and 2°C at night. Average rainfall during this season is 345 mm.
- The daytime average temp from July to September is 30°C and the nighttime average is 9°C. Average precipitation for this season is 307 mm.
- Between October and December, the average temp during the day is 20°C and -6°C at night. Seasonal average rain is 356 mm.
- The average annual rainfall in Essex is 1298 mm.