Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with free minibar items, 24-hour room service and LCD TVs
- Free local cuisine breakfast offered
- Free WiFi
- Enjoy a bite to eat at one of the 2 restaurants
- Take a swim in the outdoor pool
- Treat yourself to manicures and pedicures, facials or body treatments at Cataratas Spa
- Services include a free kids' club, dry cleaning/laundry and concierge services
- On-site recreation includes an outdoor tennis court, a fitness centre and a sauna
- Guests have good things to say about the accommodation for the cleanliness and nice bathrooms
- Just a 3-minute walk from Iguazu Falls and 5 minutes on foot from Iguazu National Park
- Airport shuttle service available for a fee
Belmond Hotel das Cataratas ratings based on 40 verified reviews
Guest reviews for Belmond Hotel das Cataratas
23 Apr 2018 by Eduardo Bressane - General Manager
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking your time and reviewing the Belmond Hotel das Cataratas. We are very pleased to hear that you did enjoy your stay and our services. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future. Yours sincerely, Eduardo Bressane General Manager
Amazing experience of luxury
The best ever location
5 star experience all over
Can't beat it!
Perfect ending to a 2 week visit to South America
About the Belmond Hotel das CataratasLocation Rodovia Br 469 Km 32, Foz do Iguacu, PR 85855-750
Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers its guests a full-service spa, an outdoor tennis court, and an outdoor pool. There are 2 restaurants on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Free breakfast is available. WiFi is free in public spaces. A 24-hour business centre and a meeting room are available. Event space at this hotel measures 1012 square feet (94 square metres). A kid's pool, a fitness centre, and a sauna are also featured at the luxury Belmond Hotel das Cataratas. A round-trip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) is available for a fee. This 5-star Foz do Iguacu hotel is smoke free.
- 187 guestrooms or units
- 3 levels
- 2 dining venues
- 1012 sq ft of conference space
- 94 sq. m of conference space
- Local cuisine
- Breakfast available (free)
- Bar or lounge
- Kid's club (free)
- Business centre (24 hours)
- 1 conference room
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Gift shop
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Fireplace in lobby
- On-site shopping
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Offsite parking reservations required
- Airport: Iguassu Falls (IGU-Foz do Iguacu Intl.) (30.4 km / 18.9 mi)
- Property shuttles: Airport shuttle
Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers 187 forms of air-conditioned accommodation which are accessible via exterior corridors, and features free minibar items and laptop-compatible safes. A pillow menu is available. 32-inch LCD televisions come with cable channels. Bathrooms include a shower, a complimentary bathrobe, complimentary slippers and complimentary toiletries. This Foz do Iguacu hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary newspapers and telephones. Additionally, rooms include complimentary bottles of water and a hairdryer. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered on a daily basis.
- Stocked minibar (free)
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- LCD television
- Cable channels
- Pillow options
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Newspapers (free)
- Laptop safe
- Toiletries (free)
- Blackout drapes
- Exterior corridor access
- Climate control
- Ensuite bathroom
Food & Drink
Guests are served a free local cuisine breakfast. Additionally, a buffet breakfast is available daily for a fee.
Ipe – This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Itaipu – This restaurant only serves dinner.
24-hour room service is available.
An outdoor pool and a children's pool are on site. Other recreational amenities include an outdoor tennis court, a sauna and a fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Ecotours on site
- Rafting nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
Guests can indulge in a pampering treatment at the hotel's full-service spa, Cataratas Spa. Services include facials, body treatments and manicures and pedicures.
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
24-hour airport shuttle service is available upon request. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Guests coming by car or taxi must park at the entrance to the National Park where the hotel is: vehicles are not allowed in the park. The hotel provides transfer every 30-40 minutes between the main park gate and the hotel.
Guests must pay the park's entrance fee at check-out. At check-in, guests receive a Hotel Identification Card, which allows the guest to enter and leave the park without paying additional fees. For more details, please contact the property using the number provided on the booking confirmation email.
Airport transport is offered on request 24 hours a day. Fees may apply. Please make arrangements in advance by contacting the property.
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! One child stays free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for BRL 350 per night.
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. No on-site parking is available. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. No on-site parking is available.
- One child stays free
- Only service animals are allowed
- Debit cards
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A 10 per cent city/local tax will be charged
- Tourism fee: BRL 8.30 per accommodation, per night
- Destination fee: BRL 8.3 per accommodation, per night.
The charges below are included in your overall room price:
- New Year's Eve gala dinner fee
- Christmas Eve gala dinner fee
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
This property is located inside a National Park. An entrance fee is charged to all guests: BRL41.00 for citizens of Brazil, BRL55,00 for citizens of Mercosul countries, and BRL70,00 for citizens of all other countries. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: BRL 280 per vehicle (roundtrip)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: BRL 0
- Rollaway bed fee: BRL 350 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Belmond Cataratas
- Belmond Cataratas Hotel
- Belmond das Cataratas
- Belmond das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu
- Belmond Hotel das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel das Cataratas Foz Do Iguacu
- das Cataratas
- das Cataratas Hotel
- Hotel Belmond das Cataratas
- Hotel das Cataratas
- Belmond Das Cataratas
- Belmond Hotel das Cataratas Hotel
- Belmond Hotel das Cataratas Foz do Iguacu
- Belmond Hotel das Cataratas Hotel Foz do Iguacu
You should know
- Upon check-in, parents or a legal guardian traveling with children under 18 years old are obligated to present the child's birth certificate and an identity card with photo (passport, for example). For international travels from Brazil, if just one of the parents is traveling with the child, the parent must present—in addition to the child's certificate of birth and identity card with photo—a letter authorizing the trip signed by the other parent with a notarial certification of signature. If the parents or the legal guardian, as applicable, cannot or are unwilling to give this authorization, a judicial authorization is required. People intending to travel to Brazil with children must consult with the Brazilian consulate prior to traveling for more information.
- Belmond Hotel das Cataratas offers transfers from the airport (fees may apply). Please contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation 24 hours prior to arrival with your arrival details.
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- For stays on 24 December, the total price shown includes a charge for a mandatory Christmas Eve gala dinner.
- For stays on 31 December, the total price shown includes a charge for a mandatory New Year's Eve gala dinner.
Awards & Affiliations
- This property is affiliated with the International Gay & Lesbian Travel Association (IGLTA) and welcomes lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBTQIA) guests.