- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, amenities, property conditions & facilities
- 6 min drive
- Hamburg State Opera
- 8 min drive
- University of Hamburg
- 10 min drive
- Hamburg (HAM)
- 21 min drive
Your dates need to occur after 2020-01-26. Try updating your dates to see prices for your trip.
About this area
Located in Hamburg's Hamburg-Nord neighbourhood, Crowne Plaza Hamburg - City Alster is in the city centre and on the waterfront. Reeperbahn and Fish Market are worth checking out if shopping is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's popular attractions can visit Hamburger Dom and Hagenbeck Zoo. Looking to enjoy an event or a game? See what's going on at Volksparkstadion or Barclaycard Arena.
- Moenckebergstrasse - 6 min drive
- Hamburg State Opera - 8 min drive
- University of Hamburg - 10 min drive
- Hamburg City Hall - 11 min drive
- Hamburg Wholesale Market - 11 min drive
- Uhlandstrasse U-Bahn - 8 min walk
- Hamburg Central Station - 19 min walk
- Hamburg (HAM) - 21 min drive
- Where to eat
- The Restauarnt – Serves breakfast and lunch daily.
- The Plaza – Restaurant with a bar. Serves brunch, lunch and dinner daily.
About this property
Crowne Plaza Hamburg - City Alster
Food and drink
- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, property conditions & facilities, room comfort
Hotel excellent, avoid the bar!
Hotel itself, the room and hotel staff were fantastic, high standard of finish on the room, it was spacious and comfortable. Nice toiletries provided, iron in the room and a tv. It is in a nice quiet area, walking distance of the metro line (or city centre depending on how much you like to walk, around 20 mins along the river), very convenient and we felt safe walking to and from the metro at night. The only issue was the amount of noise, you can hear everything next door, upstairs and sirens on the street, there's obviously work ongoing so drilling noises etc. in the mornings. Also the bar staff were extremely rude, bar overpriced and take a nice service charge without providing any level of service whatsoever, it really lets the rest of the hotel (and staff) down. We used the bar on the first night and the bad experience tainted our overall opinion of the hotel really, we did not attend the bar any other night. Overall a very good hotel for the price and location, would stay again just next time avoiding the bar!