Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with furnished patios, 24-hour room service and LCD TVs
- Free WiFi
- Enjoy international cuisine with a beachfront location at Maakanaa Restaurant, one of the property's 3 restaurants
- Take a swim in the outdoor pool or soak in the spa tub
- Treat yourself to aromatherapy, massages or body treatments at Araamu Spa
- Services include babysitting, dry cleaning/laundry and concierge services
- On-site recreation includes a private beach, 2 outdoor tennis courts and a fitness centre
- Guests like the restaurant and bar
Reviews from Trip Advisor
88.0% of guests recommend out of 1747 reviews
About the Royal Island Resort And SpaLocation Horubadhoo, Baa Atoll, Horubadhoo Island,
All-inclusive room rates at Royal Island Resort And Spa are available. These rates are higher because they include on-site food and beverages in the room rate (some restrictions may apply).
Some rates at Royal Island Resort And Spa are all-inclusive. These rates include on-site meals and beverages, and may include taxes and gratuities. Additional charges may apply for meals at some restaurants, special dinners and dishes, certain beverages and other amenities. Step outside to feel the sun on your face and the sand in your toes on the white sand beach. Pamper yourself with a treatment at the full-service spa and enjoy amenities at Royal Island Resort And Spa such as the outdoor pool and the kids' pool. There are 3 restaurants on site, as well as a coffee shop/cafΘ and a nearby snack bar/deli. You can enjoy a drink at the swim-up bar. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. This luxury resort also offers outdoor tennis courts, a hot tub and a sauna. This 4-star Horubadhoo Island resort is smoke free.
- 152 guestrooms or units
- 3 dining venues
- Built in 2001
- Bar by the pool
- Swim-up bar
- Coffee shop
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Beach lounge chairs
- Towels for the beach
- Umbrellas for the pool
- Business centre (24 hours)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Wedding services available
- Pool or billiards table
- Outdoor picnic space
- Gift shop
- Beauty salon
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- On-site shopping
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
- Airport: Male (MLE-Velana Intl.)
Royal Island Resort And Spa offers 152 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with minibars and a safe. Rooms open to furnished patios. Each accommodation is individually decorated. 32-inch LCD televisions come with cable channels. Bathrooms include a shower, complimentary slippers, a bidet and complimentary toiletries. This Horubadhoo Island resort provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Additionally, rooms include complimentary bottles of water and coffee/tea makers. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- Private patio (furnished)
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- LCD television
- Cable channels
- Coffee maker
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Toiletries (free)
- Air conditioning
- Ceiling fan
- Ensuite bathroom
- Unique decor
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
Maakanaa Restaurant – This beachfront restaurant specialises in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Raabondhi Restaurant – This beachfront restaurant specialises in international cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy al fresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available. Reservations are required.
Boli Bar – This beach bar only serves light fare. Happy hour is offered. Open 24 hours.
Pool bar and Terrace – This beachfront coffee shop specialises in international cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy al fresco dining (weather permitting). Open 24 hours.
Fun Pub – This pub overlooks the garden. Happy hour is offered.
24-hour room service is available.
A private beach and outdoor tennis courts are featured at the resort. An outdoor pool, a children's pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a sauna and a fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Snorkelling on site
- Fishing on site
- Surfing/boogie boarding on site
- Tennis lessons on site
- Volleyball on site
- Kayaking on site
- Waterskiing on site
- Motor boating on site
- Windsurfing on site
- Racquetball/squash on site
- Rafting on site
- Rowing or canoeing on site
- Sailing on site
- Boat tours on site
- Scuba diving on site
Araamu Spa has 11 treatment rooms, including rooms for couples and outdoor treatment areas. Massages are available on the beach and in the spa. Other services include facials, body wraps and body scrubs. The spa is equipped with a sauna and a spa tub. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and Ayurvedic.
- Number of treatment rooms 11
- Outdoor treatment areas
- Couples treatment rooms
- Massages on beach
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Check-in time starts at 1 PM
- Check-in time ends at noon
Special check-in instructions:
Guests must arrange transfers (surcharge) from Male International Airport to the property, which is 20 minutes away via a flight to Dharavandhoo Airport and then 10 minutes by speedboat to the resort. To guarantee transfers, guests must contact the property with their flight details at least 72 hours before their expected arrival. Please contact the hotel office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Daily transfer service is offered by FlyMe. Guests arriving later than 10 PM are advised to book a hotel room in Male or Hulhumale until services resume the following day.
Guests must pay the domestic flight fee and the speedboat fee at checkout.
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No lifts
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per adult: USD 100.00
- Christmas Eve (24 December) Gala Dinner per child: USD 50.00 (from 2 to 12 years old)
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per adult: USD 100.00
- New Year's Eve (31 December) Gala Dinner per child: USD 50.00 (from 2 to 12 years old)
- Airplane and boat transfer per adult: USD 275 (roundtrip)
- Transfer service fee per child: USD 138 (roundtrip), (from 2 to 12 years old)
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
- Royal Island
- Royal Island Horubadhoo Island
- Royal Island Resort
- Royal Island Resort Horubadhoo Island
- Royal Island Resort Spa
- Royal Horubadhoo
You should know
- If entering the country requires a visa, the property may be able to help you with some of the supporting documents necessary to obtain one. The property may charge for these services even if you cancel your reservation. Any arrangements are exclusively between the property and yourself. For more details, you can contact the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- To get to the property, guests need to transfer by airplane. Transfers need to be confirmed by contacting the property at least 72 hours before travel at the number on the booking confirmation.
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the resort before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.