Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with 24-hour room service, LCD TVs and minibars
- Free WiFi
- Enjoy British cuisine while dining at Restaurant at the Capital
- English breakfast served daily for a fee
- Valet parking available for a fee
- Services include babysitting, dry cleaning/laundry and concierge services
- Guests have good things to say about the accommodation for the comfy beds and low noise level
- Within a 15-minute walk of Hyde Park and Park Lane
- Airport shuttle service available for a fee
Reviews from Trip Advisor
91.0% of guests recommend out of 949 reviews
About the The Capital HotelLocation 22-24 Basil Street, London, England SW3 1AT
There's a restaurant on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. There's an onsite business centre. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. Event space at this hotel measures 400 square feet (37 square metres) and includes conference centres. Tour or ticket assistance, multilingual staff, and concierge services are also featured at the luxury The Capital Hotel. A round-trip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) is available for a fee. Parking is available for a fee. This 5-star London hotel is smoke free.
- 49 guestrooms or units
- 6 levels
- 2 buildings
- 400 sq ft of conference space
- 37 sq. m of conference space
- Built in 1971
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Conference centre
- Business facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Fireplace in lobby
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: London (LHR-Heathrow) (24.5 km / 15.2 mi)
- Train station: London Victoria Rail Station (2.3 km / 1.4 mi)
- Metro station: Knightsbridge Underground Station (0.3 km / 0.2 mi)
- Property shuttles: Airport shuttle
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
The Capital Hotel offers 49 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with minibars and laptop-compatible safes. Each accommodation is individually furnished and decorated. Beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets and premium bedding. 20-cm LCD televisions come with premium satellite channels. Bathrooms include a combined bath/shower unit, a complimentary bathrobe, complimentary slippers and designer toiletries. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Additionally, rooms include a hairdryer and an iron/ironing board. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered on a daily basis. Amenities available on request include hypo-allergenic bedding.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- LCD television
- Satellite channels
- Premium channels
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Shower and tub combination
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Laptop safe
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Unique furnishings
- Unique decor
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a English breakfast daily from 7:30 AM to 10:00 AM.
Restaurant at the Capital – This restaurant specialises in British cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. 1-star Michelin rating. Reservations are required.
24-hour room service is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Check-in time ends at 2 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
24-hour airport shuttle service is available. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Airport transport is offered 24 hours a day. Fees may apply. Please make arrangements in advance by contacting the property.
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Bookings for 7 nights or more require a 20% deposit. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation.
- Minimum guest age is 18
- Debit cards
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for English breakfast: GBP 25.00 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: GBP 180 per vehicle (roundtrip)
- Valet parking fee: GBP 40 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Capital Hotel London
- Capital Hotel
- The Capital Hotel London, England
You should know
- The Capital Hotel offers transfers from the airport (fees may apply). Please contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation with your arrival details prior to travel.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This property participates in Green Tourism Programme, a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.
- The property is a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitEngland, the National Tourist Board for England.