Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with 24-hour room service, plasma TVs and Egyptian cotton sheets
- Free WiFi
- Enjoy Modern European cuisine while dining at One Twenty One Two
- Full breakfast served daily for a fee
- Valet parking available for a fee
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services and tour or ticket assistance
- On-site recreation includes a fitness centre
- Guests speak favourably about the local sightseeing and the proximity to the airport
- Within a 10-minute walk of National Gallery and Churchill War Rooms
The Royal Horseguards ratings based on 126 verified reviews
Guest reviews for The Royal Horseguards
15 Apr 2019 by The Royal Horseguards Hotel
Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to know that we did not live up to our usual 5* standards. However, we do look forward to welcoming you back for a much more improved future visit.
3 Feb 2019 by The Royal Horseguards Hotel
Thank you for the recommendation and 5 star review! We always strive to deliver the best experience for our guests and I am pleased that you found our staff welcoming and courteous. Indeed we are privileged to be situated in the heart of the London alongside the River Thames on Victoria Embankment in a quiet spot yet only a short walk away from the hustle and bustle of Soho, Trafalgar Square and much more. We greatly look forward to spoiling you on your next stay!
Week-end with friends
12 Mar 2018 by The Royal Horseguards Hotel
Hello and thank you for your review. I am so sorry to know that we have not lived up to your expectations. I have addressed all your comments that you mentioned with my relevant teams,including our Bar Manager so that we may investigate and further improve on our standards and service. However I appreciate that this does not make up for the disappointment and inconvenience caused. Thank you once again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back in the near future to showcase our true world class standards.
Fantastic service and central location
29 Nov 2017 by The Royal Horseguards Hotel
Hello and thank you for the recommendation. Our superb hospitable team will be so happy to know that you had a great stay in our company!
Nice hotel, Service not so good
21 Jul 2017 by The Royal Horseguards Hotel
Hello and thank you for your comments. From the onset please accept my sincere apologies for firstly the inconvenience of the evacuation so early and then for the lack of empathy from the team. As you can imagine it was an extremely stressful time, however this is no excuse and we truly are sorry. I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back for a better stay.
Fantastic room with a view spoilt by poor cleaning
13 Dec 2016 by The Royal Horseguards Hotel
Hello and thanks for the feedback. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our breath taking views and found our location useful. Sorry about the shortfalls in housekeeping - I will be addressing this with my Housekeeper. We look forward to hosting you on another great stay soon!
Lovely hotel in a central position
Nice weekend away
Great location, attention to detail
Lovely pre christmas girls break
About the The Royal HorseguardsLocation 2 Whitehall Court, London, England SW1A 2EJ
There's a restaurant on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. You'll find a business centre on site. WiFi is free in public spaces. A fitness centre, a terrace, and tour or ticket assistance are also featured at the luxury The Royal Horseguards. Parking is available for a fee. This 5-star London hotel is smoke free.
- 282 guestrooms or units
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Business facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Fireplace in lobby
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Train station: London Charing Cross Station (1.2 km / 0.8 mi)
- Metro station: Embankment Station (0.3 km / 0.2 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
The Royal Horseguards offers 282 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with laptop-compatible safes and complimentary bottles of water. Beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets. Plasma televisions are featured in guestrooms. Bathrooms include a complimentary bathrobe, designer toiletries, complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. This London hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Additionally, rooms include coffee/tea makers and blackout curtains. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered on a daily basis.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Plasma television
- Coffee maker
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Laptop safe
- Designer toiletries
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a full breakfast daily.
The Royal Horseguards has a restaurant on site.
24-hour room service is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a fitness centre.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 40.00 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- No pets allowed, but service animals are welcome
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cots (infant beds) available
- Only service animals are allowed
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 24 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: GBP 110 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 40.00 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- Royal Horseguards Hotel
- Royal Horseguards London
- Royal Horseguards
- The Royal Horseguards Hotel London
- The Royal Horseguards London, England
You should know
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.