Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with 24-hour room service, satellite TV and premium bedding
- Free WiFi
- Enjoy British cuisine at The English Grill, one of the property's 2 restaurants and 4 bars/lounges
- English breakfast served daily for a fee
- Valet parking available for a fee
- Services include babysitting, dry cleaning/laundry and concierge services
- Guests speak favourably about the family-friendly amenities and the comfortable guestrooms
- Just a 3-minute walk from Victoria Palace Theatre and 5 minutes on foot from Apollo Victoria Theatre
- Pets welcome for a fee
The Rubens At The Palace ratings based on 34 verified reviews
Guest reviews for The Rubens At The Palace
6 Apr 2019 by Paula
Dear Anonymous, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review online following your recent stay with us in London. I am delighted that you had a wonderful stay and I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to The Rubens at The Palace in the near future. Warm regards Paula Orton Front Office Manager
7 Jan 2019 by Paula
Dear Anonymous, Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am sorry to read that you were let down by your breakfast experience and I want to assure you that this has been passed along to our restaurant manager and chef, both of which were saddened to hear of your less than ideal experience. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your time with us and I hope we get to welcome you back in the future. Warm regards Paula Orton Front Office Manager
17 Nov 2018 by Paula Orton
Dear Lars, Thank you for leaving us such a fantastic review. I am absolutely thrilled that you had such a wonderful stay and that you especially enjoyed the personalised attention and the bespoke food and wine. I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back to The Rubens in the near future. Warm regards Paula Orton Front Office Manager
Lovely British decor hotel
4 May 2018 by Paula Orton
Dear Anonymous, Thank you for taking the time to leave us such lovely feedback. I am delighted to know that you found the location of the hotel very convenient and that you enjoyed our old world style. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future. Warm regards Paula Orton Assistant Front Office Manager
Gorgeous, friendly, helpful
Excellent hotel would highly recommend
Better than the price
About the The Rubens At The PalaceLocation 39 Buckingham Palace Road, London, England SW1W 0PS
There are 2 restaurants on site. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 4 bars/lounges. There's an onsite 24-hour business centre. A computer station is on site and WiFi is free in public spaces. Tour or ticket assistance, multilingual staff, and gift shops/news stands are also featured at the luxury The Rubens At The Palace. For a fee, parking is available. A complete renovation of The Rubens At The Palace was completed in May 2018. This 5-star London hotel is smoke free.
- 161 guestrooms or units
- 4 levels
- 2 dining venues
- 4 bars or lounges
- Built in 1911
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Business centre (24 hours)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee in lobby
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Gift shop
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: London (LHR-Heathrow) (25.9 km / 16.1 mi)
- Train station: London Victoria Rail Station (0.4 km / 0.2 mi)
- Metro station: Victoria Underground Station (0.4 km / 0.3 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
The Rubens At The Palace offers 161 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with a safe and complimentary bottles of water. Each accommodation is individually furnished and decorated. Beds feature premium bedding. Satellite televisions are provided. Bathrooms include a bath and shower, a complimentary bathrobe, designer toiletries and complimentary toiletries. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Additionally, rooms include a hairdryer and an iron/ironing board. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Satellite channels
- Luxury bedding
- Bathtub or shower
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Unique furnishings
- Unique decor
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a English breakfast daily from 7 AM to 10 AM.
The English Grill – This restaurant specialises in British cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Reservations are required.
The Curry Room – This restaurant only serves dinner. Reservations are required. Open selected days.
The Leopard Bar – This Champagne bar only serves light fare. Open daily.
The New York Bar – This cocktail bar only serves light fare. Open daily.
Bbar & Restaurant – This bar serves brunch, lunch, dinner and light fare. Open daily.
24-hour room service is available.
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Pets: GBP 500 per pet, per stay
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for English breakfast: GBP 22.00 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: GBP 46 per night
- Pet fee: GBP 500 per pet, per stay
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Rubens Palace Hotel London
- Rubens Palace Hotel
- Rubens Palace London
- Rubens Palace
You should know
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This property participates in Green Tourism Programme, a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.