- Liked: Cleanliness, staff & service, property conditions & facilities, room comfort
- Damai Laut Beach
- 1 min walk
- Damai Laut Golf and Country Club
- 4 min drive
- Damai Laut Jetty
- 5 min drive
- Sitiawan (SWY)
- 31 min drive
Your dates need to occur after 2020-01-21. Try updating your dates to see prices for your trip.
About this area
Located in Lumut, Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Damai Laut is on the beach. Damai Laut Golf and Country Club and Damai Laut Jetty are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Damai Laut Beach and Mangrove Swamp Park.
3.8/5 guest location rating
Guests like it for
- Quiet (136 reviews)
- Easy parking (69 reviews)
- Safe (68 reviews)
- Damai Laut Beach - 1 min walk
- Damai Laut Golf and Country Club - 4 min drive
- Damai Laut Jetty - 5 min drive
- Frenzy Water Park Marina Island - 35 min drive
- Lumut Jetty - 35 min drive
- Ipoh (IPH-Sultan Azlan Shah) - 91 min drive
- Where to eat
- The Garden Terrace – Serves breakfast and lunch daily.
- Thai Taste Restaurant – Theme restaurant. Serves dinner daily.
- The Blue Chip Lounge – Café. Open daily.
About this property
Swiss-Garden Beach Resort Damai Laut
Food and drink
- Disliked: Cleanliness, property conditions & facilities, room comfort
Could be so much better
I'm an expat living in KL, and when I wanted to get away for a long weekend, the 3 hour drive up to coast to Lumut to the Swiss Garden Resort seemed the ideal choice, it looked great in the pictures on hotels.com. As soon as I arrived, my attitude changed, the hotel looks tired and in severe need of renovation and the pebble wash flooring in the corridors makes a horrible noise as suite-cases are dragged over it, meaning we got woken up early morning as other guests checked out early. The wifi was poor and the Swiss Garden Resort and Spa didn't have a spa, apparently closed for renovation, but looking through the door, there was no sign of renovation and the staff seemed under the impression it was closed indefinitely! On our 2nd night, we looked forward to a nice meal and drinks by the seaside at the Gayan restaurant/bar, but it was closed on a Friday evening, despite being advertised as open! The next day, the hotel convenience shop was closed for almost 3 hours early afternoon and nobody answered the number on the door (not very convenient)! Later that (Saturday) evening, we realised the Gayan was no open again!! We then went for a drink at the Blue Chip lounge at 6pm and it was not yet open, the sign said opens at 5pm, we then thought of buying some drink at the convenience shop, but it was closed again, finally the Blue Chip opened at 6.30, and we had a few drinks, whilst looking forward to checking out the next day!!! I'm not a complainer, but this was very poor!