Find cheap hotels in Mackay
Hotels from £57
Choose from over 1,000,000 unique hotels, apartments & villas around the world
Free cancellation on most hotels when you book with ebookers!*
Check hotel prices in Mackay
Most frequently booked hotels in Mackay
Top budget Mackay hotel deals
Finding Mackay Hotels
So, you're thinking about going to Mackay? If you'd like to find accommodation that's located near the sights, you can enter your holiday dates and then use the filters next to your hotel search results to find a hotel near the area's attractions. You can choose among 67 Mackay hotels and accommodation choices to find a place to stay.
Whether you're searching for budget hotels in Mackay, family-friendly places to stay, or pet-friendly options, Mackay offers different types of accommodation so you can find something that will work for you:
- 9 airport hotels
- 8 budget hotels
- 46 family-friendly hotels
- 7 luxury hotels
- 6 pet-friendly hotels
Top Hotels and Other Accommodation Options in Mackay
When you're thinking about where to stay in Mackay, you can easily and quickly search ebookers for hotels offering services such as high-speed Internet, free airport transport or a swimming pool. You can take advantage of the filters to narrow down your search for a hotel, so you get the services that are important to you, such as air conditioning or an in-room kitchen.
Guests recognise the following hotels in Mackay for their free breakfast:
- Mackay Rose Motel
- Pioneer Villa Motel
- The Feathered Nest - Wildlife Retreat
The following Mackay hotels are popular with guests for their swimming pool:
- Oaks Rivermarque
- Mid City Motor Inn
- Best Western Marco Polo Mackay
Travellers who stayed at these hotels in Mackay liked the on-site gym:
- Clarion Hotel Mackay Marina
- Ibis Mackay
- Rydges Mackay Suites
The culturally-rich city of Mackay is known for its marina. Popular attractions in and around Mackay include:
- Artspace Mackay
- Mackay Enertainment and Convention Centre
- Queens Park Orchid House
- Jubilee Park
- Bluewater Lagoon
- Caneland Central
- Harrup Park
When arranging your Mackay getaway, you can also use ebookers to look for a convenient flight to Mackay, QLD (MKY) Airport. You can narrow down your search by number of stops, airline or departure time to find the one that works best for you.
When is the Best Time to Explore Mackay?
If you're curious when is the best time of year to visit Mackay, you might find this info about seasonal weather helpful when planning your trip. The warmest months in Mackay are typically December and January, whereas the coldest months are usually July and June. The months with the most rain are March and February, whereas September and August have the least.
Here's a rundown on how much rain you can expect and what the temperatures are going to be like:
- From January to March, the average daytime temperature is 30°C and at night it is 21°C. Seasonal average rainfall is 896 mm.
- If you visit between April and June, you can expect an average temp of 27°C during the day and 13°C at night. Average rainfall during this season is 331 mm.
- The daytime average temp from July to September is 26°C and the nighttime average is 13°C. Average precipitation for this season is 93 mm.
- Between October and December, the average temp during the day is 30°C and 18°C at night. Seasonal average rain is 327 mm.
- The average annual rainfall in Mackay is 1647 mm.