Enter dates to see availability
- All rooms offer 24-hour room service, flat-screen TVs and fridges
- Free WiFi
- Drinking and dining options include a restaurant, a coffee shop and a bar/lounge
- Breakfast is offered for a fee
- Self-parking available for a fee
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services and a porter
- On-site recreation includes a fitness centre
- Guests like the restaurant and room service
- Steps from Canal Street and Manchester Palace Theatre
- Cats and dogs welcome for a fee
Principal Manchester ratings based on 13 verified reviews
Guest reviews for Principal Manchester
29 Dec 2018 by P Kienast
Dear Jenn, Thank you for sharing details of your experience whilst staying with us. I am sorry to learn that there were aspects of your stay which left you dissatisfied and I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience with you in more detail. I would be grateful if you would send your contact details to me at my office and myself or one of my team will contact you to discuss further. Warm regards. Peter Kienast, General Manager
30 Oct 2018 by Peter Kienast
Dear Jane, I was delighted to read your kind review on your recent stay at The Principal Hotel in Manchester. It's always great to know we have met with our guest expectations and I am pleased to know that you have experienced a pleasant stay with us. I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Kind Regards, Peter Kienast General Manager
30 Oct 2018 by Peter Kienast
Dear Ian, I sincerely appreciate your generous feedback in regards to your recent stay at The Principal Manchester. I was amazed to read your kind compliments towards our level of services as well as towards our amazing building and members of staff in general. It is definitely with great pleasure that I thank you for making us you hotel of choice in Manchester. In the meantime we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. Kind regards, Peter Kienast General Manager
4 Aug 2018 by Peter Kienast
Dear Anonymous, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience at The Principal Manchester. I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed so many aspects of your stay. I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back. Kind Regards Peter Kienast
Excellent hotel, but a few niggles
Well placed in central Manchester.
Very close to the train station, nice quiet area.
Nice hotel, good location, brilliant staff
BUFFET BREAKFAST FOOD WAS GOOD
About the Principal ManchesterLocation Oxford Street, Manchester, England M60 7HA
There's a restaurant on site, as well as a coffee shop/café. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. A 24-hour business centre, a limo/town car service, and a meeting room are available. Public spaces have free WiFi. Event space at this hotel measures 25446 square feet (2364 square metres). A fitness centre, multilingual staff, and concierge services are also featured at the luxury Principal Manchester. For a fee, parking is available. This 5-star Manchester hotel is smoke free.
- 270 guestrooms or units
- 5 levels
- 25446 sq ft of conference space
- 2364 sq. m of conference space
- Built in 1902
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Business centre (24 hours)
- 1 conference room
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Car service
- Wedding services available
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge) , Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Airport: Manchester (MAN) (14.2 km / 8.8 mi)
- Train station: Manchester Manchester Oxford Road Station (0.1 km / 0.1 mi)
- Metro station: St Peters Square Station (0.4 km / 0.3 mi)
- Parking: Self parking available for a surcharge
Principal Manchester offers 270 forms of accommodation with a safe and complimentary bottles of water. 21-inch Flat-screen televisions come with digital channels. Fridges and coffee/tea makers are provided. Bathrooms include a combined bath/shower unit and a hairdryer. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Additionally, rooms include an iron/ironing board and blackout curtains. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Digital channels
- Coffee maker
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Shower and tub combination
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
The Refuge by Volta – This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Reservations are required. Open daily.
24-hour room service is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a fitness centre.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3:00 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
The credit card used to book the reservation must be presented by the cardholder at check-in. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets: GBP 30 per pet, per night
- Only dogs and cats are allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
The name of this property was previously The Palace.
This property's elevator (lift) is 55 inches (1.4 meters) wide. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cots (infant beds) available
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: GBP 15.95 per person (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: GBP 20.00 per day
- Nearby parking fee: GBP 15 per 24 hours
- Pet fee: GBP 30 per pet, per night
- On-site credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Palace Hotel Manchester
- Palace Hotel
- Palace Manchester
- Principal Manchester Hotel
- The Principal Manchester
- Principal Manchester
You should know
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This property participates in Green Tourism Programme, a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.