Located in Port Phillip within a mile (2 km) of Royal Botanic Gardens, Art Series-The Blackman is within 2 miles (3 km) of other popular sights such as National Gallery of Victoria. This 209-room, 5-star hotel has a restaurant, a fitness center, and a conference center. Also close to this Melbourne hotel are St. Kilda Beach and Melbourne Cricket Ground.
This hotel is home to a café and a bar/lounge. Savor a meal from the comfort of your room with 24-hour room service, or get a quick energy boost at the coffee shop/café. For your convenience, a cooked-to-order breakfast is served for a fee each morning from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM.
The 209 soundproofed accommodations feature kitchenettes and balconies, and there's space to spread out with sitting areas. Guests can expect WiFi, wired Internet, and 42-inch LCD TVs with cable channels and pay movies. Pillowtop beds grant a restful night's sleep, and bathrooms offer hair dryers and designer toiletries. IPod docks, minibars, and coffee makers are also standard.
Guests of Art Series-The Blackman enjoy a fitness center, WiFi in public areas, and a conference center. Valet parking is available for AUD 35.00 per night. The front desk is staffed 24/7 to help with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and luggage storage. Other amenities at this luxury hotel include a computer station, a library, and express check-in.
- Close to Royal Botanic Gardens
- Onsite dining
- Fitness center
- WiFi in rooms and public areas (fees apply)
Art Series-The Blackman
Dining options at the hotel include a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A computer station is located on site and high-speed wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Event facilities measuring 3228 square feet (300 square meters) include a conference center. This luxury hotel also offers a fitness center, a library, and tour/ticket assistance. Concierge services and wedding services can be provided. Onsite parking is available (surcharge). The property may provide extended parking privileges to guests after check-out (surcharge).
Art Series-The Blackman has designated areas for smoking.
- 24-hour front desk
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Total number of rooms - 209
- Number of floors - 19
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Conference space
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-out
- Fitness facilities
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Computer station
- Luggage storage
- Designated smoking areas
- Express check-in
- Concierge services
- Laundry facilities
- Meeting rooms
- Year Built 2010
- Conference space size (feet) - 3228
- Conference center
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (meters) - 300
- Number of meeting rooms - 4
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period ), Wired internet access ( AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Separate sitting area
- Free newspaper
- Soundproofed rooms
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Designer toiletries
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower only
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- Cable TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Cookware, dishware, and utensils
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Pillowtop mattress
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a surcharge and are served each morning between 6:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Fluor Depot de Pain - This café specializes in French cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, and lunch.
Classico - This restaurant specializes in Italian cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy alfresco dining (weather permitting).
Late night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a fitness center.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Golf lessons available nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Scooter/moped rentals on site
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-out time is 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for AUD 70.00 per day.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets not allowed
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Parking height restrictions apply
- Breakfast fee: between AUD 10 and AUD 35 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: AUD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: AUD 25 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: AUD 35.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 70.00 per day
- Art Series-The Blackman
- Art Series-The Blackman Hotel Melbourne
- Art Series The Blackman Hotel Melbourne
- Art Series - The Blackman Hotel Melbourne
- Art Series The Blackman Hotel
- Art Series The Blackman Melbourne
- Art Series The Blackman
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. This property offers transfers from the airport. Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Complimentary Smart Car
Guests who book a Penthouse room type will receive free use of a smart car.
Good for Cullen Penthouse room type only. Valid driver’s license required. Other restrictions may apply.