Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with satellite TV, minibars and room service (during limited hours)
- Free WiFi
- The 3 restaurants, poolside bar and 2 bars/lounges offer choices for drinking and dining
- Buffet breakfast served daily for a fee
- Self-parking available for a fee
- Take a swim in the indoor and outdoor pools or soak in the 2 spa tubs
- Treat yourself to body treatments, body scrubs or massages at Nataraya Day Spa
- Services include babysitting, dry cleaning/laundry and concierge services
- On-site recreation includes a fitness centre, a playground and mountain biking
- Guests like the bar and breakfast
- Just a 2-minute drive from Mellieha Bay and 6 minutes from Golden Sands Beach
- Airport pick-up shuttle service available for a fee
Solana Hotel & Spa ratings based on 14 verified reviews
Guest reviews for Solana Hotel & Spa
21 Apr 2019 by Solana Hotel & Spa
Dear Guest, Thank you so much for having chosen the Solana Hotel & Spa and we are overwhelmed by your positive feedback and recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you again very soon. Best Regards, Pierre
24 Jan 2019 by Francesco Giampieri
Dear Guest, Thank you for having chosen the Solana Hotel & Spa and for your review. We are glad to read that your experience has been a positive one thanks to the services and facilities we offer to all our guests. We would like to thank you for writing us your opinion and take this opportunity in inviting you to share your kind comments on the website Trip Advisor. You will be able to highlight individual aspects or key staff that enhanced your stay by clicking on this link: www.tripadvisor.com/reviewit Your feedback is valuable and would be a great source of interest and information for every future guest of our property. Thank you in advance for your help. We look forward in welcoming you back soon for another memorable sojourn. Sincere Regards, Francesco Giampieri Hospitality Manager
1 Jan 2019 by Francesco Giampieri
Dear Guest, Thank you for having chosen the Solana Hotel & Spa and for your review. Regretfully we read that your expectations might not have been fully met during your sojourn and for this we would like to apologize. Concerns related to the room characteristics are well noted and if communicated during the stay it would have been our pleasure in assisting you as better as possible and/or provide you with a different solution. While understand that this case is now in the past allow me to thank you for having mentioned Millet, at the Housekeeping, for her attention and service she provided you. We look forward in welcoming you in the nearest future and provide you with our best service. Sincere Regards, Francesco Giampieri Hospitality Manager
Nice hotel, shame about the building site
Nice well run hotel ....bit of a walk to the beach
Brilliant couple trip
3 May 2019 by Solana Hotel & Spa
Lieber Gast, Vielen Dank für das Teilen dieser freundlichen Kommentare. Wir hoffen, Sie bald wiederzusehen. Freundliche Grüße, Pierre
About the Solana Hotel & SpaLocation Gorg Borg Olivier Street, Mellieha, Malta MLH1025
Solana Hotel & Spa offers its guests a full-service spa, 2 hot tubs, an indoor pool, and an outdoor pool. There are 3 restaurants on site, as well as a nearby snack bar/deli and a nearby corner/local shop. You can enjoy a drink at one of the bars, which include 2 bars/lounges and A poolside bar. Public spaces have free WiFi. A kid's pool, a fitness centre, and a rooftop terrace are also featured at the family-friendly Solana Hotel & Spa. You'll have access to the indoor pool, outdoor pool, and health club at a partner property. A shuttle from the airport to the hotel (available 24 hours) is available for a fee. Limited parking is available for a fee and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. This 4-star Mellieha hotel is smoke free.
- 100 guestrooms or units
- 5 levels
- 2 buildings
- 3 dining venues
- 2 bars or lounges
- Built in 2002
- Bar by the pool
- Childcare (surcharge)
- Terrace on the roof
- Towels for the beach
- Umbrellas for the beach
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Umbrellas for the pool
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee in lobby
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Corner/local shop
- Gift shop
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Outdoor pool
- Indoor pool
- Children's pool
- Free WiFi
- Grocery/convenience store
- Snack bar/deli
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- Playground on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge) , Parking (limited spaces)
- Airport: Luqa (MLA-Malta Intl.) (22.2 km / 13.8 mi)
- Property shuttles: Airport pick-up
- Parking: Self parking available for a surcharge
Solana Hotel & Spa offers 100 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with minibars and laptop-compatible safes. Each accommodation is individually furnished. Satellite televisions are provided. Bathrooms include a combined bath/shower unit, complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. This Mellieha hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Additionally, rooms include coffee/tea makers and blackout curtains. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and an iron/ironing board can be requested.
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- Satellite channels
- Coffee maker
- Shower and tub combination
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Childcare in room (surcharge)
- Laptop safe
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board available
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control
- Ensuite bathroom
- Unique furnishings
- Wheelchair accessible
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast daily from 7:30 AM to 10 AM.
Bellini Restaurant – This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. A children's menu is available.
Tosca Restaurant – This restaurant specialises in Italian cuisine and only serves dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Open daily.
Topdeck – This poolside rooftop bar only serves lunch. Guests can enjoy al fresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available. Happy hour is offered. Open daily.
SO Lounge – This lobby lounge only serves lunch. A children's menu is available. Happy hour is offered. Open daily.
Prickly Pear – This theme restaurant serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Open daily.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
2 hot tubs are on site along with an indoor pool and an outdoor pool. In addition to a kid's pool, other recreational amenities include a fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Snorkelling on site
- Waterskiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Parasailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Mountain biking on site
- Playground on site
- Boat tours nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals on site
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
Nataraya Day Spa has 3 treatment rooms, including rooms for couples. Services include facials, body wraps, body scrubs and body treatments. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy, hydrotherapy and thalassotherapy. The spa is equipped with a sauna and a spa tub.
The spa is open daily. Children under 17 years old are not allowed in the spa without adult supervision.
- Number of treatment rooms 3
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Thalassotherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Special check-in instructions:
24-hour airport shuttle service is available upon request. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Airport transport is offered on request 24 hours a day. Fees may apply. Please make arrangements in advance by contacting the property.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Destination fee: EUR 0.50 per person, per night.
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 7.95 for adults and EUR 4.00 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 35 per vehicle
- Self-parking fee: EUR 8.00 per day
- Early check-in fee: EUR 45 (subject to availability)
- Late check-out fee: EUR 45 (subject to availability)
- Kitchen/kitchenette fee: EUR 3.5 per day
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Solana Hotel Mellieha
- Solana Hotel
- Solana Mellieha
- Solana Hotel Malta/Mellieha
You should know
- Solana Hotel & Spa offers transfers from the airport (fees may apply). Please contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation 24 hours prior to arrival with your arrival details.
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.