Renovations + Closures
The property will be renovating from 11 November 2019 until 30 April 2020 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
Renovation work will only be conducted during working hours. Every effort will be made to minimise noise and disturbance.
Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay offers its guests a full-service spa, an outdoor pool, and a steam room. There are 3 restaurants on site, along with a coffee shop/cafΘ. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Public spaces have WiFi for a fee. You'll find a business centre on site. Event space at this resort measures 60000 square feet (5574 square metres) and includes conference rooms. A 24-hour fitness centre, spa services, and a terrace are also featured at the business-friendly Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay. Parking is available for a fee. This 4-star Monterey resort is smoke free.
- 379 guestrooms or units
- 7 levels
- 9 buildings
- 3 dining venues
- 2 bars or lounges
- 60000 sq ft of conference space
- 5574 sq. m of conference space
- Coffee shop
- Business facilities
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Newspapers for purchase
- Fireplace in lobby
- On-site shopping
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Outdoor pool
- Free cots/infant beds
Available in all rooms:
, Wired Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas:
Self parking (surcharge)
, Valet parking (surcharge)
Airport: Monterey, CA (MRY-Monterey Peninsula) (5.4 km / 3.4 mi)
Parking: Valet parking and self parking available for a surcharge
Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay offers 379 forms of accommodation with a safe and coffee/tea makers. Pillowtop beds feature premium bedding. 42-inch LCD televisions come with cable channels and pay-per-view films. Bathrooms include baths or showers, bathrobes, complimentary toiletries and hairdryers. This Monterey resort provides wired and wireless Internet access for a surcharge. Additionally, rooms include an iron/ironing board and a ceiling fan. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested.
- Pillowtop beds
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- HD television
- Cable channels
- Films for purchase
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Bathtub or shower
- Cots (free)
- Rollaway beds (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Ceiling fan
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast daily from 6 AM to 11 AM.
Jacks Monterey – This restaurant specialises in Californian cuisine and serves lunch and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy al fresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available.
Peters B's Craft Brewery – Overlooking the garden, this restaurant serves lunch and dinner. Guests can order drinks at the bar and enjoy al fresco dining (weather permitting). A children's menu is available. Open daily.
The Club Room – This restaurant only serves breakfast. Open daily.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Recreational amenities at the resort include an outdoor pool, a steam room and a 24-hour fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Ecotours nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Boat tours nearby
- Snorkelling nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
Spa on The Plaza has massage/treatment rooms and couples treatment room(s). Services include facials, body wraps, body scrubs and detox wraps. The spa is equipped with a steam room.
The spa is open daily.
- Steam room in spa
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Detoxification wrap
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them in the special requests field on the booking page after selecting your room.
- Wheelchair-accessible path of travel
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Wheelchair-accessible parking
- In-room accessibility
- Assistive listening devices available
- Braille or raised signage
- Check-in time starts at 4 PM
- Check-in time ends at 2 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cots (infant beds)!
- Pets: USD 50 per accommodation, per night (maximum USD 100 per stay)
- Maximum 2 per room (weight limit: 150 lb)
- Certain rooms only, restrictions apply
- You can request a pet-friendly room by reaching out to the property at the number on the booking confirmationService animals are exempt from fees.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed.
- Car not required
- Only service animals are allowed
- Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Service animals are exempt from fees/restrictions
- Debit cards not accepted
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- 1 per cent destination fee will be charged.
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 22.95 for adults and USD 7.99 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Self-parking fee: USD 21.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 25.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50 per accommodation, per night (maximum USD100 per stay)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Hotel Portola
- Monterey Bay Portola Hotel
- Portola Hotel
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay
- Portola Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel And Spa At Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel Spa at Monterey Bay
- Portola & At Monterey Monterey
- Portola Hotel Spa at Monterey Bay
- Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay Resort
- Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay Monterey
- Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay Resort Monterey
You should know
- Please note that this property can refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, which include pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the resort before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Certain facilities might have restricted access. For details, you can contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation.
- Pets are welcome in certain rooms only; other restrictions apply (please see the Fees section for related charges). To make arrangements for your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation.
url importing https://www.ebookers.com/Monterey-Hotels-Portola-Hotel-&-Spa-at-Monterey-Bay.h1024-p2.Hotel-Reviews?rm1=a2&
See text reviews