Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with sofa beds, 24-hour room service and flat-screen TVs
- Free WiFi
- Free self-parking
- Enjoy British cuisine while dining at Winepress
- Full breakfast served daily for a fee
- Take a swim in the indoor pool or soak in the spa tub
- Indulge with manicures and pedicures, reflexology or Ayurvedic treatments at the spa
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services and tour or ticket assistance
- On-site recreation includes a golf course, a health club and a steam room
- Guests have good things to say about the accommodation for the spaciousness and overall comfort
- Just a 2-minute drive from Donnington Castle and 5 minutes from Watermill Theatre
- Dogs welcome for a fee (restrictions apply)
Reviews from Trip Advisor
77.0% of guests recommend out of 1940 reviews
About the Donnington Valley Hotel and SpaLocation Old Oxford Road, Newbury, England RG14 3AG
Donnington Valley Hotel and Spa offers its guests a full-service spa, a golf course, and an indoor pool. There's a restaurant on site, as well as a snack bar/deli. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. WiFi is free in public spaces. A health club, a hot tub, and a sauna are also featured at the business-friendly Donnington Valley Hotel and Spa. Free self parking is available. This 4-star Newbury hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 111 guestrooms or units
- 3 levels
- Built in 1992
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Poolside lounge chairs
- Charging station for electric cars
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee in lobby
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-out
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Gift shop
- Newspapers for purchase
- Fireplace in lobby
- Television in lobby
- Smoking in designated areas
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Airport: London (LHR-Heathrow)
- Train station: Newbury Station (4.4 km / 2.7 mi)
- Parking: Free self parking
Donnington Valley Hotel and Spa offers 111 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with DVD players and minibars. This accommodation is furnished with single sofa beds. Beds feature Egyptian cotton sheets. Flat-screen televisions come with digital channels. Bathrooms include a combined bath/shower unit, designer toiletries, complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, safes and telephones. Additionally, rooms include complimentary bottles of water and coffee/tea makers. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and hypo-allergenic bedding can be requested.
- Pull-out sofa bed
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Digital channels
- DVD player
- Coffee maker
- Egyptian cotton linens
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Shower and tub combination
- Cribs (free)
- Rollaway beds (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a full breakfast daily from 6:30 AM to 9 AM.
Winepress – This bar specialises in British cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. A children's menu is available.
Late-night fare is available from 24-hour room service.
Guests can play rounds at the 18-hole golf course and enjoy other recreation facilities including a health club. An indoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a sauna and a 24-hour fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Pilates classes on site
- Golf lessons on site
- Golfing on site
- Fitness classes on site
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
The on-site spa has 5 treatment rooms, including rooms for couples. Services include deep-tissue massages, hot stone massages, sports massages and facials. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy, Ayurvedic and hydrotherapy. The spa is equipped with a sauna, a spa tub and a steam room.
The spa is open daily.
- Number of treatment rooms 5
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Prenatal massage
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Sports massage
- Detoxification wrap
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time ends at midnight
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
If you are planning to arrive after midnight, please contact the property in advance using the information on the booking confirmation.
Guests arriving after midnight must make advance arrangements by contacting the property using the information on the booking confirmation.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Free rollaway/extra beds!
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: GBP 30 per pet, per night
- Only dogs are allowed
- Maximum 1 per room
- Certain rooms only
- You can request a pet-friendly room by reaching out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation.
- Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: GBP 50.00 per stay
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 15.00 for adults and GBP 7.50 for children (approximately)
- Pet fee: GBP 30 per pet, per night
- Early check-in is available for a fee (subject to availability)
- Late check-out is available for a fee (subject to availability)
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Donnington Valley Hotel Newbury
- Donnington Valley Hotel
- Donnington Valley Newbury
- Donnington Valley
- Donnington Valley Hotel Spa
You should know
- Reservations are needed for golf tee times, massage services, and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Pets are welcome in specific rooms only, which can be requested by contacting the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation (please see the Fees section for related charges).