Enter dates to see availability
- All rooms offer 24-hour room service, coffee/tea makers and phones
- Free hot/cold buffet breakfast offered
- Free WiFi
- Free self-parking
- Grab something to eat at one of the 3 restaurants, or stop for a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges
- Services include concierge services, tour or ticket assistance and a porter
- Guests speak favourably about the value of their stay and the central location
- Steps from McCaig's Tower and 5 minutes on foot from Oban Distillery
- Pets welcome for a fee (restrictions apply)
Reviews from Trip Advisor
56.0% of guests recommend out of 1247 reviews
About the The Royal HotelLocation Argyll Square, Oban, Scotland PA34 4BE
There are 3 restaurants on site. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Free breakfast is served. Public spaces have free WiFi. The eco-friendly The Royal Hotel also features tour or ticket assistance, concierge services, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Limited free parking is available on a first-come, first-served basis. This Oban hotel is smoke free.
- 91 guestrooms or units
- 3 dining venues
- 2 bars or lounges
- Built in 1895
- Breakfast available (free)
- Conference space
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family property
- Free WiFi
- Free cots/infant beds
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking , Parking (limited spaces)
- Airport: Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.) (142.1 km / 88.3 mi)
- Train station: Oban Station (0.1 km / 0.1 mi)
- Parking: Free self parking
The Royal Hotel offers 91 forms of accommodation with coffee/tea makers and a hairdryer. This Oban hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Bathrooms include a combined bath/shower unit and complimentary toiletries. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and an iron/ironing board can be requested.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Coffee maker
- Shower and tub combination
- Cribs (free)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board available
- Ensuite bathroom
Food & Drink
Guests are served a free hot/cold buffet breakfast.
On-site venue – This restaurant serves breakfast and dinner.
24-hour room service is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Scuba diving nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Check-in time ends at 2 AM
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
If you are planning to arrive after 8:00 PM, please contact the property in advance using the information on the booking confirmation.
Guests arriving after 8:00 PM must make advance arrangements by contacting the property using the information on the booking confirmation.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets: GBP 10 per pet, per night
- Certain rooms only
- You can request a pet-friendly room by reaching out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Additional policies and fees may apply when booking more than 5 rooms. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: GBP 5.00 per night (rates may vary)
- Pet fee: GBP 10 per pet, per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Royal Hotel Oban
- Royal Oban
You should know
- Pets are welcome in specific rooms only, which can be requested by contacting the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation (please see the Fees section for related charges).
Awards & Affiliations
This property participates in Green Tourism Programme, a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.