Norway's capital and the centre of economical and administrative in Norway, Oslo is also the hub of Norwegian trade, banking and industry. Visitors come to Norway each year to the many cultural attractions and activities the city has to offer. Oslo hotels offer lodging accommodation that can be booked using ebookers. Our powerful search engine will make sure you find the best deals on places to stay in the city.
Neighbourhoods in Oslo
- Old Town is located to the south of the central railway system and features the Ruins Park, which contains the ruins of Oslo's first cathedral. You will also find several churches such as St. Olav's Monastery and the new Opera house. Hotels in the area include the Rica Oslo Hotel, the Clarion Hotel Royal Christiania and the Thon Hotel Terminus.
- The city centre features Oslo's Main Street, which offers a wide variety of shops, museums, theatres and restaurants. Visitors will also enjoy visiting the Parliament and Oslo University. Hotels in the city centre include Rica Victoria Hotel, Grand Hotel Oslo and the Best Western Hotel.
- The Bygdoy peninsula offers a variety of museums and attractions, such as the Maritime Museum, hiking trails and great beaches. The Residence Kristinelund and the Scandic Sjolyst are two of the hotels that be found in the area.
- Gronland/Toyen is located near Oslo's rail system, which provides a convenient means for getting around the city. Visitors can enjoy the small grocery stores, the Botanical gardens or one of the many natural history museums. Lodging options include the Bjorvika Apartments, the Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel and the Scandic Byporten.
Locate the best accommodation options using ebookers.
Restaurants in Oslo
- Baltazar Restorante & Enoteca is an Italian restaurant located near Queens Gate. Sample wines and taste the modern and classic cuisine it offers. Menu items include local scallops, green tomato marmalade and risotto with truffles.
- The Klosteret AS is a romantic restaurant located in the heart of Oslo. Visitors will enjoy candlelit meals in a soothing atmosphere. The Klosteret offers a wine cellar with over 800 of the finest wines of the region. It features international and French cuisine from some of Oslo's finest ingredients.
- Located in the Parc de Bagatelle neighbourhood, Bagatelle Restaurant is open during the cooler months and closed from July to August. It offers a variety of authentic French and Scandinavian cuisines. Visitors can choose from a selection of wines from the wine cellar or stop by at lunch for a cup of coffee.
- Stortorvets Gjaestgiveri is located in one of the oldest buildings in Oslo in the historic district. It features an outdoor area that is perfect for holiday-makers. Try one of the mussels from the a la carte menu.
While booking your room with ebookers, don't forget to check out some of these hotels.
Popular Attractions in Oslo
- The National Gallery is home to one of Norway's largest collections of paintings, drawings and sculptures. It is free to visitors, which makes it an excellent spot for families. It is also close to the Akershus Castel and the Historical Museum in downtown.
- The Viking Ship Museum is home to the world's two best preserved Viking ships, as well as many other small boats, sledges and tools. It is located on the Bygdoy peninsula, near the Maritime museum.
- TusenFryd Amusement Park is an excellent place for families to visit. Enjoy a dozen rides, attractions and a water park.
Use ebookers to locate the best Oslo hotels and attractions in the city.