Located in Via Veneto, The Westin Excelsior, Rome is within a 10-minute walk of popular sights such as Villa Borghese and Spanish Steps. This 5-star hotel welcomes guests with 316 rooms and conveniences like a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a health club. It's in central Rione XVI Ludovisi and also a short walk from Borghese Gallery and Trevi Fountain.
This hotel is home to a fine-dining restaurant and a bar/lounge. Satisfy your hunger from the comfort of your room with 24-hour room service. For your convenience, breakfast is available for a fee.
All of The Westin Excelsior, Rome's 316 air-conditioned rooms provide minibars, laptop-compatible safes, and phones. Guests can expect WiFi, wired Internet, and 32-inch LCD TVs with satellite channels and pay movies. Bathrooms offer hair dryers and free toiletries, and pillowtop beds with premium bedding ensure a restful night. In-room massages are available, and rooms also include desks.
Guests of The Westin Excelsior, Rome enjoy a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a health club. If you drive, self parking is EUR 55 per day, and there's also limo/town car service. Front-desk staff can answer questions 24/7, and assist with dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services, and securing valuables. Other amenities at this luxury hotel include a sauna, WiFi in public areas, and conference space.
- Walking distance to Villa Borghese and Spanish Steps
- Onsite dining
- Indoor pool
The Westin Excelsior, Rome
The Westin Excelsior, Rome has earned a coveted place on the Condé Nast Traveler 2013 Gold List of the World's Best Places to Stay and on Travel + Leisure's 2004 list of the 500 Greatest Hotels in the World. The hotel combines the gilded glamour of early-20th-century Europe with up-to-date luxuries and conveniences. The health club features a sapphire-blue pool ringed by potted palms and white-linen chairs. The business center has three computers with dial-up Internet access (surcharge). Wireless Internet access is available in all rooms and public areas (surcharge). Meeting spaces (1000 square meters) include the Winter Garden and accommodate up to 500 guests.
- Indoor pool
- Spa services on site
- Full-service spa
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Steam room
- Health club
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 316
- 24-hour front desk
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Conference space
- Concierge services
- One meeting room
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (feet) - 10764
- Breakfast available (surcharge) buffet
- Turkish bath/Hammam
- Conference space size (meters) - 1000
- 24-hour business center
- Shopping on site
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( EUR 15 per day ), Wired internet access ( EUR 15 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( EUR 12 per day )
Self parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Bathtub or shower
- Pillowtop mattress
- Satellite TV service
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired high-speed Internet access (surcharge)
- LCD TV
Where to Eat
Restaurant Doney - A gleaming gray-marble floor, maroon-and-pink striped curtains, and red-leather chairs set the scene in this fine-dining restaurant, which overlooks Via Veneto and offers sidewalk dining in summer. The Mediterranean menu changes regularly to feature regional and seasonal dishes such as Fresh Pasta with Octopus and Sea Truffles. Open for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and Sunday brunch.
ORVM Bar - An elegant art deco style cafe. It is open for lunch, dinner, and afternoon tea.
h club>doney - This historic café, formerly known as the Gran Caffe Doney, has a large terrace with outside tables on Via Veneto. Remodeled in 2003, the room has a stylish, contemporary look. Coffee, snacks, and cocktails are served all day.
Nearby Things to Do
The hotel's health club and spa features a sapphire-blue indoor pool, along with a sauna, spa tub, steam bath, and fitness equipment. Guests can receive aromatherapy, body scrubs and wraps, massages, and facial services in the spa's 3 treatment rooms.
Villa Borghese, a Renaissance villa with extensive parkland and gardens, is a five-minute walk from the hotel. It's a lovely place for strolling, jogging, bicycling, and horse riding.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Sauna in spa
- Number of treatment rooms 3
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 89 per stay.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets stay free
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Pets allowed (no fees)
- A tax is imposed by the city: EUR 7 per person, per night, up to 10 nights. This tax does not apply to children under 10 years of age.
- Breakfast fee: EUR 33 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: EUR 15 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room high-speed Internet (wired): EUR 15 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: EUR 12 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: EUR 55 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 89 per stay
- Excelsior Rome Westin
- Excelsior Westin
- Excelsior Westin Rome
- Rome Westin
- Rome Westin Excelsior
- Westin Excelsior
- Westin Excelsior Hotel
- Westin Excelsior Hotel Rome
- Westin Excelsior Rome
- Westin Rome
- The Westin Excelsior, Rome Hotel Rome
- Westin Excelsior Rome Hotel
- Excelsior Rome
We should mention
All guests, including children, must be present at check-in and show their government-issued photo ID card or passport. Cash transactions at this property cannot exceed EUR 2999.99, due to national regulations. For further details, please contact the property using information in the booking confirmation. Children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
Awards & Affiliations
- The Westin Excelsior, Rome is listed in the 2013 Condé Nast Traveler Gold List of the world's best places to stay.