Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with LCD TVs, fridges and room service (during limited hours)
- Free WiFi
- Drinking and dining options include a restaurant, a coffee shop and a bar/lounge
- Buffet breakfast served daily for a fee
- Self-parking available for a fee
- Amenities include newspapers, a business centre and meeting rooms
- On-site recreation includes bicycles to rent
- Guests speak favourably about the central location and the restaurant
- Just a 5-minute walk from Blijdorp Zoo and 5 minutes by car from De Koopgoot
- Pets welcome for a fee
Reviews from Trip Advisor
63.0% of guests recommend out of 496 reviews
About the Van der Valk Hotel Rotterdam-BlijdorpLocation Energieweg 2, Rotterdam, 3041 JC
Along with a restaurant, there's a coffee shop/café on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. You'll find a business centre on site. Public spaces have free WiFi. A terrace, multilingual staff, and laundry facilities are also featured at the eco-friendly Van der Valk Hotel Rotterdam-Blijdorp. Limited parking is available for a fee and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. This 4-star Rotterdam hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 189 guestrooms or units
- 6 levels
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Business facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Newspapers for purchase
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Free WiFi
- Soundproofed rooms
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge) , Parking (limited spaces)
- Airport: Amsterdam (AMS-Schiphol) (56.2 km / 34.9 mi)
- Train station: Rotterdam Central Station (3.5 km / 2.2 mi)
- Parking: Self parking available for a surcharge
Van der Valk Hotel Rotterdam-Blijdorp offers 189 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with a safe and designer toiletries. LCD televisions come with cable channels. Bathrooms include a shower, a bidet and a hairdryer. This Rotterdam hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and an iron/ironing board can be requested.
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- LCD television
- Cable channels
- Electric kettle
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board available
- Blackout drapes
- Sound-insulated rooms
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy buffet breakfast on weekdays from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM and at the weekend from 7 AM to 11 AM.
On-site venue – This restaurant specialises in international cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 35.0 per night.
- Pets: EUR 10 per pet, per night
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property/stay dates).
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Special cancellation policies or charges may apply for group reservations (more than 8 rooms for the same property/stay dates).
- 24-hour check-in
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A 5.96 per cent city/local tax will be charged
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 19.5 for adults and EUR 9.50 for children (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: EUR 4 per stay
- Pet fee: EUR 10 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 35.0 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Van der Valk Hotel Rotterdam-Blijdorp
- Van der Valk Rotterdam-Blijdorp
You should know
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This property participates in Green Key (nogle), a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.