Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with pillowtop beds, flat-screen TVs and fridges
- Free WiFi in some public areas
- Grab something to eat at the restaurant or stop for a drink at the bar/lounge
- Full breakfast served daily for a fee
- WiFi and wired Internet for a fee
- Valet parking and self-parking available for a fee
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services and tour or ticket assistance
- On-site recreation includes a 24-hour fitness centre
- Guests speak favourably about the breakfast and the proximity to shopping
- Just a 4-minute walk from Westfield Horton Plaza and 12 minutes on foot from Port of San Diego
- Pets welcome for a fee (restrictions apply)
The Sofia Hotel ratings based on 14 verified reviews
Guest reviews for The Sofia Hotel
2 Aug 2017 by Andrea
Thank you for your review. Most guests enjoy the accessibility to all that San Diego offers, steps from our doorstep. I'm happy it worked for you too. All of our rooms have different views, but it is great to hear you found something you enjoyed. See you soon!
Sofia tönt gut und ist gut
2 Aug 2017 by Andrea
Hello Iikka - Thank you for your review! It is appreciated and valued. I understand parking in downtown can be expensive, but the good news is our parking is less than properties in the surrounding area. We strive to deliver value for our guests, at all times. Look forward to seeing you soon.
About the The Sofia HotelLocation 150 W Broadway, San Diego, CA 92101
There's a restaurant on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. You'll find a business centre on site. WiFi is free in public spaces. There are 2 meeting rooms available. A 24-hour fitness centre, spa services, and tour or ticket assistance are also featured at the business-friendly The Sofia Hotel. Parking is available for a fee. This 3.5-star San Diego hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 211 guestrooms or units
- 7 levels
- Built in 1926
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Business facilities
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-out
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Tour and ticket information
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Fireplace in lobby
- Television in lobby
- No smoking on site
- Water dispenser
Available in all rooms: WiFi (surcharge) , Wired Internet access (surcharge)
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge) , Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: San Diego, CA (SAN-San Diego Intl.) (4.4 km / 2.7 mi)
- Train station: San Diego Santa Fe Depot (0.8 km / 0.5 mi)
- Metro station: Civic Center Station (0.3 km / 0.2 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking and self parking available for a surcharge
The Sofia Hotel offers 211 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with laptop-compatible safes and free newspapers. Pillowtop beds feature premium bedding. 42-inch Flat-screen televisions come with premium satellite channels. Guests can make use of the in-room fridges, microwaves and coffee/tea makers. Bathrooms include a shower, designer toiletries, complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. This San Diego hotel provides wired and wireless Internet access for a surcharge. Business-friendly amenities include desks along with free local calls (restrictions may apply). Additionally, rooms include complimentary bottles of water and an iron/ironing board. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- Pillowtop beds
- In-room dining (limited hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Satellite channels
- Premium channels
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Newspapers (free)
- Local calls (free)
- Laptop safe
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control
- Ensuite bathroom
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a full breakfast daily from 7:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
Currant American Brasseri – This restaurant serves brunch, lunch, dinner and light fare. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar. Happy hour is offered.
Room service (during limited hours) is available.
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a 24-hour fitness centre.
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Thai massage
- Sports massage
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 4 PM
- Check-in time ends at midnight
Special check-in instructions:
An adult aged 18 or older must assume all liability for the booking.
An adult age 18 or older must assume all liability for the booking.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Pets: USD 35 per pet, per night
- Certain rooms only, restrictions apply
- You can request a pet-friendly room by reaching out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Tourism fee: USD 3.39 per accommodation, per night
- Resort fee: USD 14.57 per accommodation, per night
The resort fee includes:
- Fitness centre access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Sporting facilities or equipment
- Business centre/computer access
- Internet access
- Phone calls
- In-room safe
- In-room coffee
- In-room bottled water
- Additional inclusions
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 22 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 13.85 per stay (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 13.85 per night (rates may vary)
- Self-parking fee: USD 38.00 per night
- Valet parking fee: USD 38.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 35 per pet, per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Hotel Sofia
- Sofia Hotel
- Sofia Hotel San Diego
- Sofia San Diego
You should know
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Pets are welcome in certain rooms only; other restrictions apply (please see the Fees section for related charges). To make arrangements for your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of America.