Find cheap hotels in Santa Maria Maggiore
Hotels from £40
Choose from over 1,000,000 unique hotels, apartments & villas around the world
Free cancellation on most hotels when you book with ebookers!*
Check hotel prices in Santa Maria Maggiore
Most frequently booked hotels in Santa Maria Maggiore
Finding Santa Maria Maggiore Hotels
So, you're considering a trip to Santa Maria Maggiore? If you want to find accommodation that's within a stone's throw of the sights, you can enter your holiday dates and then use the filters beside your hotel search results to find a hotel near the area's attractions.
Exploring Santa Maria Maggiore
The city of Santa Maria Maggiore has some interesting things to see and do. Popular attractions in and around Santa Maria Maggiore include:
- Rossetti Valentini Art Gallery
- Chimney Sweep Museum
- Val Grande National Park
- Ossola Valley
- Villa Taranto Botanical Garden
- Isola Bella Botanical Garden
- Borromeo Plaza
When making plans for your holiday in Santa Maria Maggiore, you can also use ebookers to find a convenient flight to Lugano (LUG-Agno) Airport. You can narrow down your search by number of stops, airline or departure time to identify one that'll work best for you.
When is the Best Time to Explore Santa Maria Maggiore?
If you're wondering when is the best time of year to travel to Santa Maria Maggiore, you might find this info about seasonal weather useful when you are planning your trip. The warmest months in Santa Maria Maggiore are typically July and August, whereas the coldest months are usually January and February. The months with the most rain are July and June, whereas February and January have the least.
Here's an overview on how much rain you can expect and what the temperatures are going to be like:
- From January to March, the average daytime temperature is 10°C and at night it is -3°C. Seasonal average rainfall is 4 mm.
- If you visit between April and June, you can expect an average temp of 21°C during the day and 2°C at night. Average rainfall during this season is 8 mm.
- The daytime average temp from July to September is 23°C and the nighttime average is 8°C. Average precipitation for this season is 9 mm.
- Between October and December, the average temp during the day is 15°C and -2°C at night. Seasonal average rain is 5 mm.
- The annual rainfall average in Santa Maria Maggiore is 26 mm.