Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with LCD TVs, fridges and electric kettles
- Free WiFi
- Enjoy a bite to eat at the restaurant
- Buffet breakfast served daily for a fee
- Self-parking available for a fee
- Amenities include free newspapers in the lobby, laundry facilities and a lift
- On-site recreation includes hot springs
- Guests like the accommodation for the cleanliness, comfy beds and overall comfort
- Steps from Otaru Canal and Sakaimachi Street
About the Hotel Sonia OtaruLocation 1-4-20 Ironai, Otaru, Hokkaido 047-0031
There's a restaurant on site. WiFi is free in public spaces. Hotel Sonia Otaru offers its guests hot springs. The business-friendly Hotel Sonia Otaru also features vending machine, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and laundry facilities. Limited parking is available for a fee and is offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Smoking is allowed in designated areas at this 3.5-star Otaru hotel.
- 149 guestrooms or units
- 9 levels
- 3 buildings
- Built in 1992
- Dining venue
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Storage area for luggage
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Smoking in designated areas
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family property
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Long-term parking (surcharge) , Self parking (surcharge) , Parking (limited spaces)
- Airport: Sapporo (CTS-New Chitose) (84.2 km / 52.3 mi)
- Parking: Self parking and extended parking available for a surcharge
Hotel Sonia Otaru offers 149 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with a safe and complimentary slippers. Each accommodation is individually furnished and decorated. 26-inch LCD televisions come with digital channels. Bathrooms include a combined bath/shower unit, complimentary toiletries and a hairdryer. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and telephones. In-room massages and an iron/ironing board can be requested. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- LCD television
- Digital channels
- Electric kettle
- Shower and tub combination
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Massage in room (surcharge)
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board available
- Air conditioning
- Ensuite bathroom
- Unique furnishings
- Unique decor
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast daily from 7 AM to 9:30 AM.
Hotel Sonia Otaru has a restaurant on site.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Hot springs on site
Public bath/onsen services include an indoor mineral hot spring (onsen). This service features separate men's and women's areas. The ryokan bathing area is open from 3:00 PM to midnight.
- Indoor mineral hot springs (Japanese-style onsen)
- Number of hot springs - 1
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at 11 PM
Special check-in instructions:
This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. Guests arriving late won't be able to check in until the next morning.
This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. Guests arriving after hours will have to wait until the next morning to check in.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 6 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for JPY 2100.0 per stay.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed.
- Noise-free rooms not guaranteed
- Union Pay
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- Cash or credit card deposit required
- Parking height restrictions apply
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: JPY 150 per person, per night
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
As of mid-December 2018, this property will charge a mandatory nightly hot springs fee of JPY 150 per guest age 15 and older.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: JPY 1800 per person (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: JPY 1200 per night
- Extended parking fee: JPY 1200 per day
- Crib (infant bed) fee: JPY 2100.0 per stay
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Hotel Sonia
- Hotel Sonia Otaru
- Sonia Hotel
- Sonia Otaru
- Hotel Sonia Otaru, Hokkaido
- Sonia Hotel Otaru
You should know
- Up to 2 children 6 years old and younger stay free in the same room as the parent or guardian when using existing bedding.
- As required by the Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare, all international visitors must submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Also, it's required that lodging proprietors photocopy the passports of all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.