Enter dates to see availability
- All rooms offer 24-hour room service, digital TV and coffee/tea makers
- Free WiFi
- Enjoy local cuisine while dining at Hayward Restaurant
- Full breakfast served daily for a fee
- Self-parking available for a fee
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, tour or ticket assistance and luggage storage
- Guests have good things to say about the accommodation for the cleanliness and nice bathrooms
- Just a 4-minute walk from St. Mary's Church and 6 minutes on foot from Shrewsbury Abbey
- Dogs welcome for a fee
Reviews from Trip Advisor
60.0% of guests recommend out of 1261 reviews
About the The Lion Hotel ShrewsburyLocation Wyle Cop, Shrewsbury, England SY1 1UY
Along with a restaurant, there's a coffee shop/café on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Public spaces have free WiFi. The business-friendly The Lion Hotel Shrewsbury also features tour or ticket assistance, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and a fireplace in the lobby. Parking is available for a fee. This 3-star Shrewsbury inn is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 59 guestrooms or units
- 3 levels
- Built in 1600
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- Fireplace in lobby
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Birmingham (BHX) (91.7 km / 57 mi)
- Train station: Shrewsbury Station (1.6 km / 1 mi)
- Parking: Self parking available for a surcharge
The Lion Hotel Shrewsbury offers 59 forms of accommodation with coffee/tea makers and a hairdryer. This individually decorated and furnished accommodation includes desks. Digital televisions are provided. Bathrooms include a combined bath/shower unit and complimentary toiletries. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Housekeeping is offered on a daily basis and an iron/ironing board can be requested.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Digital channels
- Coffee maker
- Shower and tub combination
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board available
- Ensuite bathroom
- Unique furnishings
- Unique decor
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a full breakfast daily from 7 AM to 9:30 AM.
Hayward Restaurant – This restaurant specialises in local cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Oak Bar – This lobby lounge specialises in local cuisine and serves lunch, dinner and light fare.
24-hour room service is available.
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Check-in time starts at 2 PM
- Check-in time ends at 11:30 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
There is no front desk at this property. To make arrangements for check-in, please contact the property ahead of time using the information on the booking confirmation.
This property does not have a front desk. To arrange for check-in, guests must contact the property in advance of arrival using the information on the booking confirmation.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 95 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets: GBP 5.00 per pet, per stay
- Only dogs are allowed
- Maximum 1 per room
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- Union Pay
- No cots (infant beds) available
- Parking height restrictions apply
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 5 per person (approximately)
- Self-parking fee: GBP 5.00 per night
- Pet fee: GBP 5.00 per pet, per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 95 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Lion Hotel Shrewsbury Compass Hospitality
- Lion Hotel Compass Hospitality
- Lion Shrewsbury Compass Hospitality
- Lion Compass Hospitality
- Lion Hotel Shrewsbury
You should know
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.