Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with 24-hour room service, flat-screen TVs and coffee/tea makers
- Free breakfast served daily
- Free WiFi
- Free self-parking
- Enjoy international cuisine at The Brasserie, one of the property's 2 restaurants and 2 bars/lounges
- Take a swim in the indoor pool or soak in the spa tub
- Indulge with massages, facials or aromatherapy at the spa
- Amenities include a front-desk safe, meeting rooms and a lift
- On-site recreation includes a sauna
- Guests have good things to say about the accommodation for the overall comfort and nice bathrooms
- 10 minutes by car from Warner Bros. Studio Tour London and 11 minutes from Hatfield House
Reviews from Trip Advisor
72.0% of guests recommend out of 2827 reviews
About the Sopwell HouseLocation Cottonmill Lane, St Albans, England AL1 2HQ
Sopwell House offers its guests a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. There are 2 restaurants on site. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Free breakfast is served daily. Public spaces have free WiFi. The business-friendly Sopwell House also features a sauna, a garden, and a picnic area. Self parking is free. This 4-star St Albans hotel is smoke free.
- 128 guestrooms or units
- 2 levels
- 2 dining venues
- 2 bars or lounges
- Breakfast available (free)
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-out
- Front desk safe
- Wedding services available
- Outdoor picnic space
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Airport: London (LTN-Luton) (26 km / 16.2 mi)
- Train station: St Albans Abbey Station (1.9 km / 1.2 mi)
- Parking: Free self parking
Sopwell House offers 128 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with laptop-compatible safes and coffee/tea makers. Flat-screen televisions come with premium satellite channels. Bathrooms include a shower and a hairdryer. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wireless Internet access. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Flat-screen television
- Satellite channels
- Premium channels
- Coffee maker
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Laptop safe
- Iron and ironing board
- Air conditioning
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
Guests are served a free breakfast daily.
The Brasserie – This brasserie specialises in international cuisine and serves breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner.
The Restaurant – This restaurant specialises in British cuisine.
Conservatory & Terrace – This bar only serves light fare.
Cocktail Bar – This bar only serves light fare.
24-hour room service is available.
An indoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a sauna.
Guests aged under 18 years old are not allowed in the swimming pool, health club, fitness facility or spa tub.
- Golfing on site
Guests can indulge in a pampering treatment at the hotel's full-service spa. Services include hot stone massages, facials and body scrubs. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and reflexology. The spa is equipped with a sauna and a steam room.
The spa is open daily. Guests under 16 years old are not allowed in the spa.
- Hot stone massage
- Sauna in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 16
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at 2:30 AM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
The property’s spa is available from 3 PM on the day of arrival to 11 AM on the day of departure. Guests ages 16-17 must be accompanied by an adult and may access limited spa services. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for GBP 15 per night.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
This property allows children to swim 8-10 AM daily. Spa facilities are otherwise only available to adults. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Crib (infant bed) fee: GBP 15 per night
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Sopwell House Hotel St Albans
- Sopwell House Hotel
- Sopwell House St Albans
- Sopwell House
You should know
- Reservations are needed for spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
- The property is a member of Historic Hotels of the World.