Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with 24-hour room service, plasma TVs and minibars
- Free WiFi
- Free valet parking and self-parking
- Grab something to eat at one of the 4 restaurants, or stop for a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges
- Full breakfast served daily for a fee
- Take a swim in the 2 indoor pools or soak in the spa tub
- Treat yourself to hydrotherapy, body treatments or body scrubs at Kohler Waters Spa
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services and tour or ticket assistance
- On-site recreation includes a golf course, a health club and golf lessons
- Guests have good things to say about the accommodation for the cleanliness and spaciousness
- Within a 15-minute walk of University of St. Andrews and St. Andrews Links
- Pets welcome for a fee
Old Course Hotel ratings based on 14 verified reviews
Guest reviews for Old Course Hotel
Beautiful Hotel with excellent staff
Literally, the best hotel in St andrews.
Superb hotel and excellent customer service
Great hotel in lovely area
Excellent location nr to town/beach. Views fab
About the Old Course HotelLocation Old Station Road, St. Andrews, Scotland KY16 9SP
Old Course Hotel offers its guests a full-service spa, a golf course, and 2 indoor swimming pools. There are 4 restaurants on site. You can unwind with a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Public spaces have free WiFi. A 24-hour business centre, a limo/town car service, and a meeting room are available. A health club, a hot tub, and spa services are also featured at the luxury Old Course Hotel. Free self parking and valet parking are available. This 5-star St. Andrews hotel is smoke free.
- 1 building
- 144 guestrooms or units
- 4 levels
- 4 dining venues
- 2 bars or lounges
- Built in 1968
- Business centre (24 hours)
- 1 conference room
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee in lobby
- Dry cleaning
- Self-service laundry
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Front desk safe
- Car service
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Gift shop
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- On-site shopping
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Number of indoor pools -2
- Free WiFi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking , Free valet parking
- Airport: Edinburgh (EDI) (80.2 km / 49.8 mi)
- Train station: St. Andrews Leuchars Station (7.4 km / 4.6 mi)
- Parking: Free valet parking and self parking
Old Course Hotel offers 144 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with minibars and laptop-compatible safes. Beds feature premium bedding. 40-inch Plasma televisions come with premium cable channels and pay-per-view films. Bathrooms include a combined bath/shower unit, a complimentary bathrobe, complimentary slippers and complimentary toiletries. This St. Andrews hotel provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks, complimentary newspapers and telephones. Additionally, rooms include coffee/tea makers and a hairdryer. A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered on a daily basis. Amenities available on request include hypo-allergenic bedding. Renovation of all guestrooms was completed in April 2017.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Plasma television
- Cable channels
- Premium channels
- Films for purchase
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Shower and tub combination
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Newspapers (free)
- Laptop safe
- Toiletries (free)
- Iron and ironing board
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a full breakfast daily from 7:00 AM to 10 AM.
Road Hole Restaurant – This fine-dining restaurant serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
Sands Grill – This brasserie serves lunch and dinner.
The Dukes Bar and Grill – This restaurant serves lunch and dinner. Guests can enjoy drinks at the bar.
The Jigger Inn – This pub serves lunch and dinner.
24-hour room service is available.
A golf course and a health club are featured at the hotel. 2 indoor swimming pools are on site along with a spa tub. Other recreational amenities include a fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Golf driving range on site
- Waterskiing nearby
- Golf lessons on site
- Golfing on site
- Parasailing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Skydiving nearby
- Windsurfing nearby
- Yoga classes/instruction on site
- Pilates classes on site
- Rafting nearby
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Fitness classes on site
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Kayaking nearby
- Sailing nearby
Kohler Waters Spa has 13 treatment rooms, including rooms for couples. Services include facials, body wraps, body scrubs and body treatments. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy and hydrotherapy. The spa is equipped with a sauna, a spa tub and a steam room.
The spa is open daily. Guests under 16 years old are not allowed in the spa.
- Number of treatment rooms 13
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Steam room in spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 16
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
- Check-out by noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets: GBP 35.00 per pet, per night
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Guests age 16 and older have complimentary access to the onsite Kohler Waters Spa Experience from 7-10 AM and 7-9 PM. This property charges GBP 40 per person per 3-hour session to access the water spa area from 10 AM to 7 PM. Spa amenities include an adults-only indoor pool, thermal suite, hydrotherapy pool, and rooftop spa tub. Access to the water spa area is included with purchase of a spa treatment. Reservations are required to access the spa.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
- No rollaway/extra beds available
- No cots (infant beds) available
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 19.50 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: GBP 35.00 per pet, per night
- Facilities fee: GBP 40 per person and includes use of:
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Old Course Hotel Golf Resort
- Old Course Hotel Golf Resort St. Andrews
- Old Course Hotel St. Andrews
- Old Course Hotel
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Hotel St. Andrews
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort And Spa
- Old Course Resort
- Old Course Hotel, Golf Resort & Spa St. Andrews, Scotland
You should know
- Pool access available from 6:30 AM to 10:00 PM
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This property participates in Green Tourism Programme, a programme that measures the property's impact on one or more of the following: The Environment, the community, the cultural heritage and the local economy.
- The property is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts.
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.