Enter dates to see availability
- Air-conditioned rooms with 24-hour room service, satellite TV and minibars
- Free WiFi and wired Internet
- Options for a bite to eat or a relaxing drink include 2 restaurants, a coffee shop and a bar/lounge
- Buffet breakfast served daily for a fee
- Valet parking available for a fee
- Take a swim in the indoor pool or soak in the spa tub
- Indulge with hot stone massages, detox wraps or facials at CHI The Spa
- Services include dry cleaning/laundry, concierge services and tour or ticket assistance
- On-site recreation includes a fitness centre and a sauna
- Guests have good things to say about the accommodation for the spaciousness and overall comfort
- Within a 10-minute walk of Sydney Observatory and Museum of Contemporary Art
Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney ratings based on 10 verified reviews
Guest reviews for Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney
Excellent location but dated condition
A perfect hotel for families!!!
the best hotel in the best location
Ausgezeichnetes Hotel in zentraler Lage
About the Shangri-La Hotel, SydneyLocation 176 Cumberland Street, The Rocks, NSW 2000
Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney offers its guests a full-service spa, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. There are 2 restaurants on site, along with a coffee shop/cafΘ. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. A computer station is on site, and both WiFi and wired Internet are free in public spaces. Event space at this hotel measures 20452 square feet (1900 square metres) and includes conference rooms. A fitness centre, a sauna, and spa services are also featured at the luxury Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney. For a fee, parking is available. This 5-star The Rocks hotel is smoke free.
- 565 guestrooms or units
- 36 levels
- 2 dining venues
- 20452 sq ft of conference space
- 1900 sq. m of conference space
- Bar or lounge
- Coffee shop
- Conference space
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Dry cleaning
- Front desk (24 hours)
- Express check-in
- Express check-out
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Car service
- Tour and ticket information
- Wedding services available
- Computer for guest use
- Newspapers in lobby (free)
- On-site shopping
- No smoking on site
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Airport: Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.) (17.5 km / 10.9 mi)
- Train station: Sydney Circular Quay Station (1.4 km / 0.8 mi)
- Metro station: Wynyard Station (0.6 km / 0.4 mi)
- Parking: Valet parking available for a surcharge
Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney offers 565 forms of air-conditioned accommodation with minibars and laptop-compatible safes. Beds feature premium bedding. A pillow menu is available. Televisions come with premium satellite channels and pay-per-view films. Bathrooms include a separate bath and shower, a complimentary bathrobe, complimentary slippers and designer toiletries. Guests can surf the web using complimentary wired and wireless Internet access. Business-friendly amenities include desks and complimentary newspapers. Additionally, rooms include complimentary bottles of water and coffee/tea makers. In-room massages, hypo-allergenic bedding and an iron/ironing board can be requested.A nightly turndown service is provided and housekeeping is offered on a daily basis.
- In-room dining (24 hours)
- Satellite channels
- Premium channels
- Films for purchase
- Coffee maker
- Luxury bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding
- Pillow options
- Separate shower and tub
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Nightly turndown service
- Newspapers (free)
- Childcare in room (surcharge)
- Massage in room (surcharge)
- Laptop safe
- Designer toiletries
- Iron and ironing board available
- Blackout drapes
- Climate control (air conditioning)
- Ensuite bathroom
- Connecting rooms available
Food & Drink
For a fee, guests can enjoy a buffet breakfast daily from 6 AM to 10:30 AM.
Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney has 2 restaurants on site.
24-hour room service is available.
An indoor pool and a spa tub are on site. Other recreational amenities include a sauna and a fitness centre.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
CHI The Spa has 6 treatment rooms, including rooms for couples. Services include deep-tissue massages, hot stone massages, Swedish massages and facials. A variety of treatment therapies are provided, including aromatherapy. The spa is equipped with a sauna and a spa tub.
The spa is open daily. Guests under 16 years old are not allowed in the spa.
- Number of treatment rooms 6
- Couples treatment rooms
- Body wraps
- Body treatments
- Body scrubs
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hot stone massage
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Prenatal massage
- Sauna in spa
- Spa tub in spa
- Minimum age to access spa is 16
- Detoxification wrap
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
This property enforces a strict dress code in Blu Bar on 36 restaurant. For details, please contact the property using the number provided on the booking confirmation email.
Guests who book breakfast-inclusive rate plans will receive breakfast for 2 adults and up to 2 children age 5 and younger. Additional children under age 5 and children 6-11 years old will receive 50% off the adult buffet breakfast price.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for AUD 250.00.
- No pets allowed
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit or credit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation.
- Cash or credit card deposit required
Guests will be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: AUD 100 per night
We've listed all charges provided to us by the property, but they may vary based on length of stay or the room booked.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: AUD 42 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: AUD 58 per night (in/out privileges)
- On-site credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Shangri-La Hotel Sydney The Rocks
- Shangri-La Hotel Sydney
- Shangri-La Sydney The Rocks
- Shangri-La Sydney
- Shangri La Sydney
- Shangri La Hotel Sydney
You should know
- Reservations are needed for massage services and spa treatments. For reservations, contact the hotel before arrival using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Registered guests are the only ones allowed to be in guestrooms.
- Connecting/adjoining rooms are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property at the number on your booking confirmation.
- Certain facilities might have restricted access. For details, you can contact the property at the number on the booking confirmation.