- Liked: Cleanliness, property conditions & facilities, room comfort
- Disliked: Staff & service
- Loch Fyne
- 3 min drive
- Loch Sween
- 46 min drive
- Dunans Castle
- 89 min drive
Your dates need to occur after 2020-01-25. Try updating your dates to see prices for your trip.
About this area
Located in Tarbert, Anchor Hotel is in the city centre and by the sea. Tarbert Harbour and Tarbert Golf Club are worth checking out if an activity is on the agenda, while those wishing to experience the area's natural beauty can explore Loch Fyne and Kilbride Bay Beach.
- Loch Fyne - 3 min drive
- Kilmartin Glen - 25 min drive
- Loch Sween - 46 min drive
- Dunans Castle - 89 min drive
- Dunoon Ferry Terminal - 104 min drive
- Campbeltown (CAL) - 46 min drive
- Where to eat
- Seabed Restaurant – Restaurant offering local cuisine. Serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. Kids' menu available.
- Loch Fyne – Bar.
About this property
Food and drink
- Liked: Staff & service, amenities
Modern re-furbished hotel, right on the harbour, with excellent outlook. Staff very pleasant with great food, freshly cooked and decent bar. Mega money spent on hotel, it seems, but some of the facilities don't work. Broken toilet seat, replaced mid-week but still very loose. Usual problems with crockery and cutlery not being checked for cleanliness after dishwasher cleaning but glasses spotless! Apparently it is very difficult to get local contractors to turn up to do the simple repairs. It was one of the chefs who replaced our toilet seat with one from staff quarters. Overall there was a good feeling with staff who seemed interested in looking after us. One of the major downside is that there is no resident's lounge to sit if weather is bad. Certainly would stay here again as other hotels nearby are very expensive and may be no better.