Enter dates to see availability
- All rooms offer plasma TVs, coffee/tea makers and ironing boards
- Free full breakfast offered
- Free WiFi
- Grab something to eat at the restaurant or stop for a drink at the bar/lounge
- Self-parking available for a fee
- Amenities include meeting rooms, multilingual staff and a terrace
- Guests have good things to say about the accommodation for the comfy beds and nice bathrooms
- 7 minutes by car from Living Rainforest and 11 minutes from Basildon Park
- Dogs welcome for a fee (restrictions apply)
Reviews from Trip Advisor
77.0% of guests recommend out of 236 reviews
About the The Royal OakLocation The Square, Thatcham, England RG18 0UF
Renovations + Closures
The property is undergoing renovations. The following areas are affected:
Renovation work will only be conducted during working hours on weekdays. Every effort will be made to minimise noise and disturbance.
There's a restaurant on site. You can enjoy a drink at the bar/lounge. Free breakfast is served. Public spaces have free WiFi. A terrace, multilingual staff, and a garden are also featured at The Royal Oak. Parking is available for a fee. This 4-star Thatcham inn is smoke free.
- 10 guestrooms or units
- 2 levels
- Full breakfast (free)
- Dining venue
- Bar or lounge
- Front desk (limited hours)
- Staff members are multilingual
- Storage area for luggage
- Wedding services available
- Beauty salon
- No smoking on site
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Property
- Free WiFi
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Self parking (surcharge) , Free parking nearby
- Airport: London (LHR-Heathrow) (78.6 km / 48.9 mi)
- Train station: Reading Pangbourne Station (9.4 km / 5.8 mi)
- Parking: Self parking available for a surcharge
The Royal Oak offers 10 forms of accommodation with a safe and coffee/tea makers. Plasma televisions are featured in guestrooms. This Thatcham inn provides complimentary wireless Internet access. Additionally, rooms include a hairdryer and an iron/ironing board. Housekeeping is provided on a daily basis.
- Plasma television
- Coffee maker
- Cribs (surcharge)
- Rollaway beds (surcharge)
- Housekeeping (daily)
- Iron and ironing board
Food & Drink
Guests are served a free full breakfast.
The Royal Oak has a restaurant serving breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Deep tissue massage
- Swedish massage
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Check-in time starts at 3 PM
- Check-in time ends at 9 PM
- Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
The front desk is open daily from 7:30 AM - 9:00 PM.
If you are planning to arrive after 9:00 PM, please contact the property in advance using the information on the booking confirmation.
The front desk at this property is open daily from 7:30 AM - 9:00 PM.
Guests arriving after 9:00 PM must make advance arrangements by contacting the property using the information on the booking confirmation.
- Check-out by 11 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 15.00 per stay.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for GBP 15.00 per stay.
- Pets: GBP 0.00 per pet, per day
- Only dogs are allowed
- Restrictions apply
- For more information, you can reach out to the property at the number on the booking confirmation
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Charges for extra guests may apply and vary according to property policy.
A cash deposit, credit card or debit card for incidental charges and government-issued photo identification are required upon check-in.
Special requests are subject to availability at the time of check-in. Special requests can't be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
The fees and deposits listed below will be charged at the time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Self-parking fee: GBP 0.00 per stay
- Pet fee: GBP 0.00 per pet, per day
- Early check-in is available for a fee (subject to availability, amount varies)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: GBP 15.00 per stay
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 15.00 per stay
This may not be a comprehensive list. Fees and deposits are subject to change and might not include tax.
- Royal Oak Inn Thatcham
- Royal Oak Thatcham
You should know
- To make arrangements to bring your pet, contact the property directly at the number on your booking confirmation (please see the Fees section for related charges).